What's up with AMF?

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
So I heard that AMF in Houston got bought out. BowlMor or something?

What's the deal? Doing away with the morning leagues? Huh?!!

Which centers are being affected?

Last edited by a moderator:

boobrow

AMF was bought out by BowlMor. From what has been told to the current league bowlers is that they will not be opening until 4pm during the week and not until noon on weekends.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK BOWLMOR IS PARTNERING WITH AMF. HERE IN THE DFW AREA THEY OPEN AT 4 AND CLOSE AT 11. WE WERE TOLD PRE BOWL OR POST BOWL MONDAY THRU THURSDAY DURING BUSINESS HOURS ONLY. WE HAD 34 (3 MEMEBER) TEAMS ON MONDAY NITE AT ONE OF THE CENTERS. WHEN WE WOULD GET THRU, THERE WAS ALWAYS ACTION. BOWLMORE / AMF SAID NO MORE. OUT THE DOOR BY 11. BAR AND CAFE CLOSING AT 10 OR 10:30. NO LEAGUES FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. WE WERE WELCOMED AT PLANO LANES AND MAY HAVE 40 OR MORE TEAMS THIS FALL. OH WELL... HELLO PLANO!!! THANKS TO JAMIE BROOKS, CJ AND SCOTT.

our AMF center changed their hours 2 weeks ago, and then when we showed up last friday night we were greeted with increased snack bar and alcohol prices

WAMO MATLOCK said:
I THINK BOWLMOR IS PARTNERING WITH AMF. HERE IN THE DFW AREA THEY OPEN AT 4 AND CLOSE AT 11. WE WERE TOLD PRE BOWL OR POST BOWL MONDAY THRU THURSDAY DURING BUSINESS HOURS ONLY. WE HAD 34 (3 MEMEBER) TEAMS ON MONDAY NITE AT ONE OF THE CENTERS. WHEN WE WOULD GET THRU, THERE WAS ALWAYS ACTION. BOWLMORE / AMF SAID NO MORE. OUT THE DOOR BY 11. BAR AND CAFE CLOSING AT 10 OR 10:30. NO LEAGUES FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. WE WERE WELCOMED AT PLANO LANES AND MAY HAVE 40 OR MORE TEAMS THIS FALL. OH WELL... HELLO PLANO!!! THANKS TO JAMIE BROOKS, CJ AND SCOTT.
It must be nice to have a center close enough with 34 lanes available to accomodate your league! Feel lucky here in Houston around Alpha that changed to Bowlmor the have limited places available to go and the ones that do have lanes available have those lanes available for a reason

Djarum300

Addicted Member
It appears that here in Huntsville, AL, Pin Palace, an amf house, has gone to a 1pm to 11pm format during the week. Parkway Lanes, also AMF, are open from 10am to 11pm during the week. TG and I were bowling at Pin Palace just a few years ago on Friday night, but it was a small league. I am back bowling at Plamor lanes which is indepenedently operated and owned.

I met with league officers at Stafford this weeknd. Management told them they have 3 types of centers under the Bowl Mor umbrella... Traditional, Bowlero and 300 Bowl.

300's are corporate events only, traditional is as we are used to , leagues and open play. The Bowlero is what many of the centers are transitioning to... which is casual play (think rock and bowl) except for when leagues bowl. Lights will be turned on 30 minutes before the start of league. Stafford is opening on Wednesdays at 9:00 am. All daytime leagues wanting to bowl will bowl on Wednesdays... all other days they open later. weekends at 11:00 am.

It is forcing a few of my leagues to find other centers to bowl out of. The next few months should be interesting.

boobrow

For those looking for a new center feel free to contact Danna @ Armadilla 1 in Pasadena (713-941-2343)

The new owner of the 2 (independent) centers in my area (Slidell/Mandeville LA) is looking to move in this direction.... Opening later in the day forcing some of the women/seniior league to adjust their starting time or just quit... Also not wanting a full house to have lanes available for open play... Not sure how this is a good thing....
Will see how these BUSINESS?? decisions work out

Bobby Browder said:
For those looking for a new center feel free to contact Danna @ Armadilla 1 in Pasadena (713-941-2343)​
This is what the independent centers should be doing! Recruit, recruit, recruit!