Wheels starting to fall off Trump wagon

born1

Unfortunately, there are far too many people voting for party than for candidate. My mother is one of them and I cannot get that pout of her head. Of course she is 87 years old and I cannot change her now, but she just checks the democrat box and that is that. Truth be told, I would vote for Trump on his current policies even if were to run on the communist ticket. I firmly believe we've had all the career politicians we can stand, and it's going to take a businessman to pull us out of this shit. And, one who cannot be purchased is a bonus.
I married someone just like that, but she ain't voting for Hillary though.:D

8 years ago I started voicing my concern about the Republican party. :Whistling: :rolleyes:

The Clintons and Trump are in bed with each other. That's how evil I think Hillary is.:Thumbsup:

bbfreeburn

I don't post against Brick. I post against close-minded people. It seems he has decided I'm one kind of thing. Easy to do, I guess, without any real knowledge of who or what I am.

I don't post against Brick. I post against close-minded people. It seems he has decided I'm one kind of thing. Easy to do, I guess, without any real knowledge of who or what I am.
I was going to respond to that, but decided not to and to cut you some slack and let it go, which is more than you did for me a few weeks ago.

I am ready to call a truce if you are...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I married someone just like that, but she ain't voting for Hillary though.:D

8 years ago I started voicing my concern about the Republican party. :Whistling: :rolleyes:

The Clintons and Trump are in bed with each other. That's how evil I think Hillary is.:Thumbsup:
That has beennin the back of my mind... Trump has been very kind to Hillary in the past. But even if they're in cahoots to get Satan herself elected, if in the process he makes the R party reform as something relevant (and much closer to the middle than far right) it may be worth it.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The only thing that updets me about politics is how divisive it has become. I get that people have different opinions, but in the end we're all Americans and we should be able to empathize with the needs of others and compromise on solutions that benefit the country (and not just a handful of gazillionaires). I'm truly sick of both parties' behavior. This no compromise, us vs them, childish name calling, shout down the "opposition", disregard the "other team" and treat them as sub-human culture that abounds is disgusting.
IMHO, at all levels, people have become more about "me and my own" and less about what's best for the community. I see this all the time especially in local politics. People were getting downright nasty when it came to school rezoning when a small portion of kids from the hood got zoned into a predominantly upper middle class area of public schools. All of a sudden little Johnny's education will go to shit once those hood rat kids set foot on those schools, right?

I know my thoughts about Trump run counter to what I just said above. But I do feel the system, or rather the people in the system, are broken. Trump is the only one that can possibly shake the system hard enough to maybe change it. Make everyone look in the mirror and question "is this really how I want America to be?"
Voters need to spend more time on voting to fix the system and less time bickering about the hot button divisive issues.

Yes, Trump is shaking up the system. But he has no real policy. Build a wall. From what money? Get ISIS. From what money?

And I really don't like Hillary. Not because she's a Democrat, but because I think she is a horrible person. Even worse than Trump. He's just a blowhard egomaniac. Hillary is flat out evil - she has no soul.
Both Hillary and Sanders are waaaaay to far to the left for my liking, and both are career politicians.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Both Hillary and Sanders are waaaaay to far to the left for my liking, and both are career politicians.
... and that's why the GOP need not nominate someone from the far right -- such as Cruz -- because Trump has a far better chance to get support among independents and moderate Democrats, especially with Hillary and Bernie so far to the left.