White House seeks ban on gay conversion therapies

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. (LOL). THE WHITE HOUSE WANTS TO BAN SOMETHING THAT MIGHT BE HARMFUL TO AMERICANS? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER CRAP THAT IS HARMFUL TO AMERICANS? AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Good Times Good Times

Likely want to ban as a result of the suicides people do when they go to this shit. We had one (kid was a minor) locally (relatively locally) that was a big deal. It looks like the call for the ban is that for minors. Once an adult, do whatever you want but I don't think this stuff (amateur religious psychology) is healthy for children. They deserve professional help (not non-professional help).

Spider

Good point. But the question becomes where do parent's rights stop? Intrusion on another front, bottom line.

Likely want to ban as a result of the suicides people do when they go to this shit. We had one (kid was a minor) locally (relatively locally) that was a big deal. It looks like the call for the ban is that for minors. Once an adult, do whatever you want but I don't think this stuff (amateur religious psychology) is healthy for children. They deserve professional help (not non-professional help).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I find it difficult to grasp why we even need this type of legislation. It boggles the mind to think that some actually believes they can change a persons gender or sexual proclivities by therapy. Un fucking believable.

Good Times Good Times

Good point. But the question becomes where do parent's rights stop? Intrusion on another front, bottom line.
I guess when it's considered a "health risk". My understanding is that it is viewed as such. Suicide is a real thing, and if trends (going to see these non-professionals) are showing that this "therapy" is leading to suicide at a high rate, then.........

Children still have rights too.

To be fair, this is a tough question, and I'd like a bigger paycheck to solve these problems (and I can). :Roflmao: :Roflmao: :Roflmao: :p :Cool:

Last edited:

REVerse °

Addicted Member
We know our country is in a death spiral when all we hear or read about in the news "media" is this garbage. This is the most embarrassing time in USA history. I thought Bush 2 was bad, but for Pete's sake we have got ourselves a real catastrophe of a POTUS. What a pathetic hack.

Where am I?

bbfreeburn

I find it difficult to grasp why we even need this type of legislation. It boggles the mind to think that some actually believes they can change a persons gender or sexual proclivities by therapy. Un fucking believable.
Greg, while it does indeed boggle the mind, it is unfortunately true. The far right is so convinced of its' "God" given authority in matters like this that it feels duty bound to "correct" folks "aberrant" behaviour.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, while it does indeed boggle the mind, it is unfortunately true. The far right is so convinced of its' "God" given authority in matters like this that it feels duty bound to "correct" folks "aberrant" behaviour.

And that is the major reason the GOP is dead. One cannot attempt to govern by god when such religious diversity exists.

Spider

The WH has announced it now has a gender-neutral restroom. Aren't most shitters gender neutral? Infrastructure is falling down around us, war breaking out and what do we care about? Keep up the stellar work, BHO.