Who could have forseen this?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear bbfreeburn:

Some protesters -- especially Muslims -- wouldn't be happy unless the U.S. totally broke ties with Israel.

bbfreeburn

Dear bbfreeburn:

Some protesters -- especially Muslims -- wouldn't be happy unless the U.S. totally broke ties with Israel.
No doubt true, but why provoke them? When you can predict that the outcome of your actions will be violence why act? Why kiss Israel's ass? What possible positive outcome, for the USA, could this have?

Good Times Good Times

Legit question: How many of you agree that this is a hit with evangelical Christians because they want Jewish People in Israel to fulfill their end times prophecy, not because they respect Jewish People?

Evangelicals generally support Israel because of their belief that it’s needed for the end times, but also because they believe Jews are God’s chosen people and it would not bode well to set yourselves against that group. That does not preclude them from being anti-semetic on, like, an individual level, but it does explain why they will back any foreign policy that they think supports Israel. Evangelicals support Israel out of pure tribalism. I doubt 90% of them could give any kind of coherent religious explanation for it. America stands by our ally Israel because Reagan said so and it upsets liberals, that's the long and short of it. The alt-right is basically the same.

Good Times Good Times

With the official shift of diplomatic headquarters to Jerusalem, it raises the question:

How many of the companies who will be contracted for construction, security, transportation, etc. will have ties to Trump's cronies and minions?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm not all that knowledgeable about Israel and this Capital thing. Can someone explain it to me? I don't get what the big deal is.

If I understand correctly, Israel has its government offices in Jerusalem? Has had its government operating from there for years... yet other countries have decided not to "recognize" where Israel operates its government from and proclaims another city to be the Capital for them? What sense does that make? It's like me running around proclaiming Houston is the Capital of Texas - it doesn't make it so. All decisions of State would still come from Austin, so outsiders saying anywhere else is the Capital is just dumb.

What am I missing? Is Trump, for once, actually the only sane person in the room speaking logically?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My understanding is that presidents in years past sign a 6 month waiver keeping the embassy in tel Aviv instead of the capital, Jerusalem. Part of this was to appease the Palestinians. The Palestinians if had the power would kick the Israelites out. Israel only recognizes one state, not two.

By moving the embassy to Jerusalem, it means the U.S. no longer cares about the claims of the Palestinians claim to all of Israel, including the current Israel state. Jerusalem sits at the border of the West Bank and Israel took east Jerusalem in 1967 even though it is contested by the Palestinians as theirs.

Moving the embassy basically is a big FU to the PLO and Muslims.

Last edited:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
See, HERE is the difference between Trump and the rest of the presidents. Where other only talked, Trump does. He's a man of action, not empty promises.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN AT WAR FOR CENTURIES ARE FIGHTING AGAIN. OMG! THE INHUIMANITY.

bbfreeburn

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN AT WAR FOR CENTURIES ARE FIGHTING AGAIN. OMG! THE INHUIMANITY.
Well, yes, there is that. I don't know why anyone even bothers to find peace in the region. I think fighting each other is genetic.

J

jim

We have enough of our own problems here in the US...We should stay out of their problems...

now

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL....AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS...

J

jim

What was the name of that college teacher from N.C. who is anti Christ... and I use to f with him every year at Christmas...

If you hear from him...tell him JLS says MERRY CHRISTMAS...

LOL

I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, yes, there is that. I don't know why anyone even bothers to find peace in the region. I think fighting each other is genetic.
Dear bbfreeburn:

There has been some reference to the biblical End Times in this thread, and those who believe in Bible prophecy are aware that fighting and war will not only continue, but escalate, in the End Times.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
No, he's a man of reaction. Usually with poorly thought out empty proclamations.
That's true. He's reacting to all the Bam Bam fuckups and repairing them. That's why we now have a record high market and lowest unemployment rate in 17 years.