Why I didn't believe the hype

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Brain dead (John Fetterman) and CLINICLY dead (Tony DeLuca) candidates prevail in Pennsylvania, lending indication that that state's voters themselves are brain dead ... and of course, they often get "assists" from Philadelphia, which now could be dubbed the City of Liberal Hate (instead of Brotherly Love)!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Guy I work with has family in PA. He thinks the deciding factor was that Oz used his inlaws' (I think) address to establish residency to run for office - but he has and I think still does live in New Jersey. I guess the last week or 2 leading up to election they just pumped reel after reel of various Oz video clips where he's introducing himself saying "I'm from New Jersey".
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Pennsylvanians turned against Oz for two reasons ...

(1) Many were concerned about Oz not being a true Pennsylvanian.

(2) Fetterman was the ABSOLUTE BEST candidate they could find in the entire state to oppose him.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
In the case of a dead person, most voters know that the party will pick someone to replace the dead person.

In the case of Fetterman, Oz was terrible, democrats didn't care, and votes cast before debate.

REVerse °

Addicted Member

Djarum300

Addicted Member

What I don't get, and this is similar to the GA race, is how many independents will vote an R governor yet split the ticket and vote in a D senator.

Personally, I'd much more likely vote in a D Governor than a D Senator knowing how far left the national D party has gotten. Someone clue me in here how people vote a conservative R governor buy vote in Warnock or Kelly?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
At this rate I don't even know if they'll take the house.

What an epic fail by the Republicans.
Dear Djarum300:

It's not an "epic fail" in the manner in which you imply. But it IS an "epic fail" in the sense that the GOP had to know that the Democrats would cheat to the max, and as yet, they haven't fought -- or seemed to make any effort -- to prevent it from happening again. And now, barring a 2024 miracle involving Trump -- IT'S TOO LATE!

The GOP can't play "Mr. Nice Guy" while the cutthroat Democrats are playing for keeps!

Scolai

And now, barring a 2024 miracle involving Trump -- IT'S TOO LATE!
Trump is no longer the future of the Republican Party. Desantis is taking over that role.

Look for a Desantis/Youngkin ticket in 2024 to be the salvation of the Republican Party and the only real hope for this country.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

It's not an "epic fail" in the manner in which you imply. But it IS an "epic fail" in the sense that the GOP had to know that the Democrats would cheat to the max, and as yet, they haven't fought -- or seemed to make any effort -- to prevent it from happening again. And now, barring a 2024 miracle involving Trump -- IT'S TOO LATE!

The GOP can't play "Mr. Nice Guy" while the cutthroat Democrats are playing for keeps!
I don't believe in any cheating to the level that I think it existed with trump. If states allow mail in voting, that's the states an their lawmakers and that's not cheating. Republicans need to learn to play the game.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Trump is no longer the future of the Republican Party. Desantis is taking over that role.

Look for a Desantis/Youngkin ticket in 2024 to be the salvation of the Republican Party and the only real hope for this country.
Dear Scolai:

That won't work. Too many Republicans are entrenched and determined to have Trump as the 2024 standard-bearer, and many of them won't even bother to vote for anyone else. Besides, there are already signs of how the Democrats and the fake-news lamestream media will attempt to "bloody up" DeSantis.

I like DeSantis A LOT, but the only way he could actually (and logically) ascend to the presidency is FOLLOWING a successful Trump presidency -- if that were somehow to occur -- in 2028!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Scolai:

That won't work. Too many Republicans are entrenched and determined to have Trump as the 2024 standard-bearer, and many of them won't even bother to vote for anyone else. Besides, there are already signs of how the Democrats and the fake-news lamestream media will attempt to "bloody up" DeSantis.

I like DeSantis A LOT, but the only way he could actually (and logically) ascend to the presidency is FOLLOWING a successful Trump presidency -- if that were somehow to occur -- in 2028!
A Trump/DeSantis ticket for 2024 would easily get the job done, if it weren't for the fake ballots. This will never change until heads roll and prisons are full of election crooks.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Scolai:

That's sad about Republicans. They are worse than D's in this regard. Let's vote for a movement instead of voting for good policy and governorship.