Wish I had something interesting to share

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
But not really much going on. Just work and drinkin' (insert funny Roy Munson pic here). At some point I'm gonna have to cut the grass, I think last time I ran the mower was early or mid December. It's been a good run... that freeze in Feb. slowed the growth in the front pretty good. Back yard is a fuckin' mess though, but nobody can see that.

Guess I'll see about changing the oil, plug, and air filter this weekend. Probably need to put an edge on the blade while I'm at it. I don't really enjoy yard work. It's a PITA if you ask me... if God had wanted grass to be only 3" tall he would have made that shit stop growing at that height!

Anyway, what are ya'll up to? I know Greg has a couple more months of dragging his balls through the snow before spring arrives way up there. I'm sure AW has hours of "Girls Gone Wild" footage from spring break. What about the rest of ya?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I have a new 10/12 meter antenna to put up. Gonna wait for shirt sleeve weather. you know, like 40° or so...
Dear Greg T:

Forty degrees in April? Unheard of here on the west coast of Florida. Since Sarasota temperatures were first officially recorded around the year 1900, April temperatures have never fallen that low, and more often than not, the LOW is in the comfortable 60s.

For example, the all-time extreme Sarasota low temperature for April 7 of any year was 42 in 1944, and the all-time low for April 6 was 47 in 2005. And take a look at what our weather looks like in the near future ...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
But not really much going on. Just work and drinkin' (insert funny Roy Munson pic here). At some point I'm gonna have to cut the grass, I think last time I ran the mower was early or mid December. It's been a good run... that freeze in Feb. slowed the growth in the front pretty good. Back yard is a fuckin' mess though, but nobody can see that.

Guess I'll see about changing the oil, plug, and air filter this weekend. Probably need to put an edge on the blade while I'm at it. I don't really enjoy yard work. It's a PITA if you ask me... if God had wanted grass to be only 3" tall he would have made that shit stop growing at that height!

Anyway, what are ya'll up to? I know Greg has a couple more months of dragging his balls through the snow before spring arrives way up there. I'm sure AW has hours of "Girls Gone Wild" footage from spring break. What about the rest of ya?
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Great to see you back in the forum, and thanks for your post. Kindest personal regards, and best wishes for the remainder of spring and beyond.

Spring break is now over, but our beaches and waterfront dining remain an attractive option -- but then again, they're options on most days, even in winter. At any rate, looking forward to future forum posts from you.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Forty degrees in April? Unheard of here on the west coast of Florida. Since Sarasota temperatures were first officially recorded around the year 1900, April temperatures have never fallen that low, and more often than not, the LOW is in the comfortable 60s.

For example, the all-time extreme Sarasota low temperature for April 7 of any year was 42 in 1944, and the all-time low for April 6 was 47 in 2005. And take a look at what our weather looks like in the near future ...

We've got 50 today but had a huge storm last night. Power was out, too. As usual, the day after a storm we have winds. Not gonna climb a tower and wrestle a 22' antenna in the wind.

Djarum300

Addicted Member

I had to mow as the Bermuda on the south side of the house was getting tall and thick. Most of the yard is still dormant. I usually buy a new blade every spring and sharpen it a few times and then toss it. They are just too cheap to really worry too much about sharpening all the time. I do need to do an oil change but I need more oil. Knock on wood but I've had this Honda mower for 5 years and have yet to deal with spark plug or carb issues.

We went to Nashville a few weekends ago, and that was a dumpster fire. Everyone from northern states was there.

And now we are heading into our Tornado season. Already dodged a few so far.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

When you indicate (in your opening post) that you wish you had something to share, have you considered sharing things housed in your barn?

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Just got the hydrostatic transmission fluid changed in the Honda. The wife loves cutting grass (self propelled push) so I only maintain the equipment and do the edging, although, that includes spreading fertilizer and/or any necessary tree pruning. I am waiting for her to give me the go ahead on a 4X4 rider. This hill seems to get steeper the older we get.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
10/12m eh? Maybe the band will open up for a contact on 28 MHz. I need to break in this Yaesu FT-991A :Thumbsup:
I hover mostly on 11 meters cuz there isn't anything going around here. Not much on 11 meters either. Nice to find another Yaesu enthusiast!! I'm still on my FT-990 AC and love it. Got rid of all my big tube amps, tho and am running a little Texas Star DX-500 now. The bench was just a bit over crowded! ;) The antenna going up is the Sirio 2008.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I hover mostly on 11 meters cuz there isn't anything going around here. Not much on 11 meters either. Nice to find another Yaesu enthusiast!! I'm still on my FT-990 AC and love it. Got rid of all my big tube amps, tho and am running a little Texas Star DX-500 now. The bench was just a bit over crowded! ;) The antenna going up is the Sirio 2008.
Sold the tube amp last yr and bought the 991A. If I ever get another- it will be solid state.. Okay on the Sirio. I hear a lot of positive comments. Especially the Gainmaster.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Sold the tube amp last yr and bought the 991A. If I ever get another- it will be solid state.. Okay on the Sirio. I hear a lot of positive comments. Especially the Gainmaster.
I looked at it, but I shy away from glass poles. Basically, they're just a vertical dipole using the shield for a counterpoise. I'm more of an aluminum ground plane kinda guy. If we had more action here I'd go for a beam and a tower but that makes no sense when there's two of us talking.