Woman Who Shot At Shoplifters Sentenced

MI2AZ

Tatiana Duva-Rodriguez thought she was doing the right thing when she pulled out her pistol and fired at a pair of shoplifters as they fled from a Home Depot near Detroit.

She wasn't, at least in the eyes of the law.

On Wednesday, a Michigan judge sentenced Duva-Rodriguez to 18 months of probation and stripped the 46-year-old of her concealed gun permit.

JLS

It's not her fault...She more than likely had been trained by the Chicago Police Dept....

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The only sentence she should have received is mandatory range time with an instructor to ensure she doesn't miss next time.

MI2AZ

What if the driver loses control of the vehicle because of the shooting and wipes out a bunch of children on the sidewalk? I mean, probably not going to happen, but does the citizen shooter really know what the results are going to be when shooting at a moving vehicle?

livespive

That is kinda my point. Don't know if I remember correctly from the last time I read it, but I think they were driving away.

What if the driver loses control of the vehicle because of the shooting and wipes out a bunch of children on the sidewalk? I mean, probably not going to happen, but does the citizen shooter really know what the results are going to be when shooting at a moving vehicle?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, but if they were not "running at her" so she could claim she felt her life was in danger, then it was not a good shoot?
I know. The shooter MUST feel endangered. That is the law and people are expected to adhere to it. I do see the advantage of people protecting property as it will undoubtedly keep retail prices down if theft is brought to a minimum. But, in all reality, society would never survive with that type of vigilante justice.