Would You Pay $36 Monthly For ESPN?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, NOT! Even if they cut out every single commercial, I still would not pay that to listen to a bunch of washed up has-been blowhard think-they-know-it-alls blathering on for hours about whether the rest of the team feels uneasy when Michael Sams strolls into the shower sporting an erection, and how that will affect their performance in the play offs. No thanks. ESPN is way overrated if you ask me.

MI2AZ

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, NOT! Even if they cut out every single commercial, I still would not pay that to listen to a bunch of washed up has-been blowhard think-they-know-it-alls blathering on for hours about whether the rest of the team feels uneasy when Michael Sams strolls into the shower sporting an erection, and how that will affect their performance in the play offs. No thanks. ESPN is way overrated if you ask me.

You have a unique and quite disturbing way of describing things. :)

Or as the youngsters would say, TMI.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I READ A STORY A COUPLA YEARS AGO, THAT ALL CHANELS WERE GOING TO BE PAY PER VIEW. SOMETHING NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR MONTHLY FEE. THE ARTICLE SAID THAT ONCE EVERYTHING WENT DIGITAL AND YOU HAD TO HAVE A "BOX" THAT THEY HAD US ALL "TRAPPED".

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You have a unique and quite disturbing way of describing things. :)

Or as the youngsters would say, TMI.
Yeah, I tried to come up with something off the wall that is equally ridiculous as the neverending line of worthless statistics and situational analysis they blather on and on about, but only more entertaining. :)

MI2AZ

WAMO, That's my biggest complaint. They make cable ready televisions and then the cable companies decide to scramble or encode the frequencies so that the televisions can't pick up the channels. So we end up needing their cable boxes and tuning adapters for the dvr to get all the channels that our tv's once were able to pick up on their own.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Cable stations are getting more and more creative. HBO has their streaming service for the same price as what it costs me as a premium station added on. That really isn't a bad deal and allows those who don't do cable to have access. I hear folks at work who say they'd get rid of cable if it weren't for ESPN and live sports. We watch a good bit of tv on TNT, SyFy, and USA. Much of that programing hits Netflix shortly after the series starts or even ends.

Robadat

Cable stations are getting more and more creative. HBO has their streaming service for the same price as what it costs me as a premium station added on. That really isn't a bad deal and allows those who don't do cable to have access. I hear folks at work who say they'd get rid of cable if it weren't for ESPN and live sports. We watch a good bit of tv on TNT, SyFy, and USA. Much of that programing hits Netflix shortly after the series starts or even ends.
Pretty much in that category w/o the ESPN. Only thing I really watch on Cable these days is live sports, most everything else I watch comes via Netflix.