WTF is wrong??????? [rant]

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WTF is wrong with our educators these days? This one is unacceptable.

I heard a TV ad for Safe-Lite auto glass last night that blows me away. The ad starts out with: "Does your windshield need fixed?" Seriously?? Are we to accept the fact that everyone is just too fucking lazy to use the words "to be" these days? Or how about: "Does your windshield need repair?" At least it makes sense.

I understand that everyone has their own little shortcuts and slang, and some parts of the country have more than others, but a commercial venture that I'm sure uses a professional ad team should know better and abide by simple grammar rules. What the fuck is: "Does your windshield need fixed?"??? [/rant]

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I understand texting shortcuts and such, even though I rarely use any. But this was an announcer, speaking, advertising a product. "Does your windshield need fixed?" I want to slap that fucker!!!! I'm going to call or email Safe-Lite.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Read any online publications lately? Editing must be a profession that is long gone.
I was a newspaper copy editor (along with many other newspaper duties) for nearly five decades, and I am appalled by the increasingly vast numbers of mistakes appearing in newspapers (and elsewhere).

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YOU ARE RIGHT G. SOMETIMES I THINK THEY TRY AND TALK DOWN TO US. LIKE WE ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO GRASP WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. SO THEY DUMB IT UP.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
YOU ARE RIGHT G. SOMETIMES I THINK THEY TRY AND TALK DOWN TO US. LIKE WE ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO GRASP WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. SO THEY DUMB IT UP.
... and Hillary has certainly "dumbed it up" (when speaking before certain groups of people).