Ya'll got Christmas stuff out yet?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Wife likes the tree and lights, but we haven't dug 'em out yet. Thought about it last weekend, and we both kinda shrugged and didn't do it.

Imagine we'll get it out this weekend or next, but we've pretty much quit putting much out. We'll do 3 trees (our main one, pre-lit, that will have a few decorations on it in our sitting room), and 2 small pre-lit trees - one will go outside on the porch, and the other in our living room by the fireplace. Our living room is too small to fit the big tree, and is the main traffic-way to back door, 1/2 bath, and master bedroom. It's a fucked up design, but works ok for just the 2 of us.

Anyway, ya'll feelin' the Holiday spirit yet? Or just want to sit around chugging spiked egg nog until it's over and we can finally tell 2020 to "Piss Off" for good on Jan 1?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Wife likes the tree and lights, but we haven't dug 'em out yet. Thought about it last weekend, and we both kinda shrugged and didn't do it.

Imagine we'll get it out this weekend or next, but we've pretty much quit putting much out. We'll do 3 trees (our main one, pre-lit, that will have a few decorations on it in our sitting room), and 2 small pre-lit trees - one will go outside on the porch, and the other in our living room by the fireplace. Our living room is too small to fit the big tree, and is the main traffic-way to back door, 1/2 bath, and master bedroom. It's a fucked up design, but works ok for just the 2 of us.

Anyway, ya'll feelin' the Holiday spirit yet? Or just want to sit around chugging spiked egg nog until it's over and we can finally tell 2020 to "Piss Off" for good on Jan 1?
Being an atheist, I never really had the christmas "spirit". But when we were younger and the kids were little I looked forward to it. Now, my kids are high 30s to mid 40s I really wish the old lady would scrub the tree and shit. She has to have her "stuff" hanging all over the walls, windows, door ways, etc. and I'm the one who has to fetch them from the basement. Coming up with the tree about an hour ago, i took a face plant and twisted my back. Managed to get two more crates before I gave up. As much as I actually hate the holiday season, I learned at an early adult age that there things you just do. Not because you WANT to, there are things you just do.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Exactly. I could do without the decorations. I can't complain though. She loves Christmas but doesn't go overboard. Mainly, she just likes to sit in the early morning (gets up at 4:30am to leave for work at 6) and look at the lights while having her coffee/breakfast. She'll sit sometimes in the evening to relax looking at the lights too. Other than that and a couple other little doo dads she puts out, it's not bad.

Thankfully, our stuff fits in a closet under the stairs on our main level, so I don't have to drag shit up/down them.

Hope your back doesn't bother you for too long. Probably start feeling better a day or two before you have to haul all that shit back to the basement! :Roflmao:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Exactly. I could do without the decorations. I can't complain though. She loves Christmas but doesn't go overboard. Mainly, she just likes to sit in the early morning (gets up at 4:30am to leave for work at 6) and look at the lights while having her coffee/breakfast. She'll sit sometimes in the evening to relax looking at the lights too. Other than that and a couple other little doo dads she puts out, it's not bad.

Thankfully, our stuff fits in a closet under the stairs on our main level, so I don't have to drag shit up/down them.

Hope your back doesn't bother you for too long. Probably start feeling better a day or two before you have to haul all that shit back to the basement! :Roflmao:
Oh my back is beyond hope. My spine is crushed and consequently all the nerves are mashed in there so I have no feeling in my feet and neuropathy is sitting in. So the old back thing, that ship has sailed

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Outside decor was up Thanksgiving. Tree was up black friday.

TG loves the tree. I like doing the outside stuff for the kiddos in the neighborhood.

And to piss off my neighbors, lol.