ALARMING! DHS screening criteria: 'Take my word for it. I'm not a terrorist'

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
A leaked internal Department of Homeland Security (DHS) memo has revealed that “(The) Refugee Program is particularly vulnerable to fraud due to loose evidentiary requirements where at times the testimony of an applicant alone is sufficient for approval.”

ARE THEY KIDDING? That’s our screening criteria for Syrian refugees? Take my word for it, I’m not a terrorist?

FBI director James Comey warned last week that because of Syrian refugees, "There will be a terrorist diaspora sometime in the next two to five years like we've never seen before."

So how is the administration of Barack Hussein Obama responding to this threat? They allowed more than 12,000 Syrians into America this year
and announced plans to bring at least 12,000 more into the country next year.

This is an extremely risky gamble regarding the safety of Americans. Many have suspected that DHS screening methods for refugees are inadequate, but it's now been learned that the problem is even worse than previously thought.

Donald Trump is correct that "EXTREME VETTING" is needed. Protection of Americans is extremely important, and that means keeping terrorists off American soil.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It's past time to place U.S. security first and stop accepting Syrian refugees.

MI2AZ

I don't think that link is to a right-wing propaganda site, but I did do a quick Google search and found a .gov site that had more to say about it. I agree that this is a serious concern.

The problem seems to be that for a true refugee, normal options are not in place. IDs are lost along with homes and possessions, family and friends, so it is impossible to do the normal vetting procedures. No one to call or contact who knew the person. Someone shows up at a refugee camp with only the clothes on their backs and what they can conveniently carry, not a drawer full of paperwork to prove who they are - people in that part of the world mostly do not carry a lot of plastic ID (credit cards, drivers license), they would probably have generations of paperwork to back up their family history and that may have been lost, looted or burned.

We need to do something but I am not sure what. This country was founded on immigrants and refugees. Irish fleeing the famine, Germans and English fleeing religious persecution, etc. so that option still has to be available.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
We need to do something but I am not sure what. This country was founded on immigrants and refugees. Irish fleeing the famine, Germans and English fleeing religious persecution, etc. so that option still has to be available.
... but importantly, how many potential terrorists were likely to have been among the Germans and English (and others) coming to this country?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THAT OPTION DOES NOT HAVE TO BE AVAILABLE.
... and indeed, it should NOT be available until such time as we're able to exercise "EXTREME VETTING" (because ISIS has already warned that their supporters will infiltrate the ranks of Syrian refugees).

MI2AZ

... but importantly, how many potential terrorists were likely to have been among the Germans and English (and others) coming to this country?
Probably very little, but that did not stop the USA from imprisoning the Japanese-Americans, including those who were born here, during WW2. Fear of terrorists is not something new.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear MI2AZ:

Are you more inclined to support Obama and Hillary's Syrian refugee policy or Trump's Syrian refugee policy?

MI2AZ

AND HOW MANY OF THOSE THAT WERE IMPRISONED BLEW UP BUILDINGS?
To whom are you referring? If you are asking about the Japanese-Americans, they could not have been much of a risk since they were being drafted while in the 'relocation' camps. Any who refused to join the military were imprisoned but most of them volunteered on their own to prove their loyalty. So, while being held in 'relocation' camps behind barbed wire, if they refused to join the very military that was holding them there, they were sent to federal prison. Meanwhile, their families had lost their homes and property.

How many German-Americans or Italian-Americans (we were at war with both Germany and Italy too at the time) were taken away from their homes and property and held behind barbed wire? There were more German spies running around the country than Japanese ones. :)

Edited to add:

https://www.nps.gov/articles/historyinternment.htm

According to one author, the only act of "sabotage" by a Japanese American was a product of the relocation process. When told to leave his home and go to an assembly center, one farmer asked for an extension to harvest his strawberry crop. His request was denied, so he plowed under the strawberry field. He was then arrested for sabotage, on the grounds that strawberries were a necessary commodity for the war effort. No one was allowed to delay evacuation in order to harvest their crops and subsequently Californians were faced with shortages of fruits and vegetables. Japanese Americans grew 95 percent of the state's strawberries and one-third of the state's truck crops.

Even though the justification for the evacuation was to thwart espionage and sabotage, newborn babies, young children, the elderly, the infirm, children from orphanages, and even children adopted by Caucasian parents were not exempt from removal. Anyone with 1/16th or more Japanese blood was included. In all, over 17,000 children under 10 years old, 2,000 persons over 65 years old, and 1,000 handicapped or infirm persons were evacuated.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THAT WAS KIND OF MY POINT SIR, DIFFERENT TIMES, DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES. ALL THESE CREEPS NOW HAVE ACCESS TO DO MORE BAD THINGS. MAYBE IF SOME OF THOSE IN CAMPS MIGHT HAVE DONE SOMETHING IF THEY HAD THE OPPERTUNITY TO DO SO. GOOD AND BAD IN ALL RACIES.

MI2AZ

Dear MI2AZ:

Fair enough ... but then, why do you bother to fact-check so often (if you're not into politics)?

I'm the type who keeps getting viral emails from my friends. When I do, I will read it in amazement as they are usually so outrageous that I think they can't be true so I will fact-check them and almost every time they are false so I will notify the sender of that. Doesn't stop them from sending me more. :)

I see the same thing going on on this site and feel compelled to respond when I see falsehoods.

One note on the emails. I have both conservative and liberal friends. I only seem to get the viral emails (pass this on to everyone you know) from the conservatives. Must be something in the genes. :)

Plus, what I especially don't like about the viral emails is that they contain the email addresses of everyone in the chain up to me. On the rare occasion that I did send one on, I would go through and delete all of the other email addresses first, then put my own email address in the To: line and all of the people I was sending it to on the Bcc: line so no one would see any others' email addresses. I feel that if one of these ends up in the hands of the wrong person, more spam will ensue. Now, I don't send them on just on principle.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'm the type who keeps getting viral emails from my friends. When I do, I will read it in amazement as they are usually so outrageous that I think they can't be true so I will fact-check them and almost every time they are false so I will notify the sender of that. Doesn't stop them from sending me more. :)

I see the same thing going on on this site and feel compelled to respond when I see falsehoods.

One note on the emails. I have both conservative and liberal friends. I only seem to get the viral emails (pass this on to everyone you know) from the conservatives. Must be something in the genes. :)

Plus, what I especially don't like about the viral emails is that they contain the email addresses of everyone in the chain up to me. On the rare occasion that I did send one on, I would go through and delete all of the other email addresses first, then put my own email address in the To: line and all of the people I was sending it to on the Bcc: line so no one would see any others' email addresses. I feel that if one of these ends up in the hands of the wrong person, more spam will ensue. Now, I don't send them on just on principle.
Dear MI2AZ:

I have numerous friends and contacts -- on Facebook, via e-mail and elsewhere -- and I've only rarely experienced the situation you describe in your above-quoted post. Perhaps once a month, if that often, I receive an e-mail like that, and when I do, I simply ignore it (and certainly don't pass it on).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear MI2AZ and others:

I post quite a few of what I call mini-editorials in this forum, and of course, they reflect my OPINION, as editorials normally do.
Virtually all of those mini-editorials refer to fact-based situations, and I almost never feel the need to go to any of the so-called fact-check sites, such as Snopes or Politifact.

Before starting this thread with this particular mini-editorial, I made sure that I didn't stray from the FACTS. And I don't expect anyone to listen to this lengthy video -- because it's about 57 minutes long -- but the video clearly shows how Department of Homeland Security officials "tap-danced" around questions by members of Congress pertaining to the issue of refugee vetting. And the video clearly shows that my mini-editorial is FACT-BASED.

MI2AZ

AW, this is not one of those topics that I found fault with.

Most of my replies were to WAMO.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Years ago, the immigrants came here to start new and be law abiding citizens- whilst giving back to society by being productive. Nowadays, many come here for a free ride on the BigGov gravy train with the promise to vote Democrat as many times as possible. This is coordinated and funded by community organizers with deep pockets and ties to corrupt politicians and mega rich kingpins. It is not supposed to drain the life blood out of our communities, but it is doing just that. We need a serious "time out." Regroup with a revised game plan. Close the door.

Last edited: