Am I Being Biased or Unfair Here?

Good Times Good Times

To start.....a definition:

trea·son·ous
ˈtrēzənəs/
adjective
  1. involving or guilty of the crime of betraying one's country.
    "a treasonous act against the State"
    • involving or guilty of the betrayal of someone or something.
      "he never paid for his treasonous act against Valerie"
That being said........President Trump says Democrats not applauding at his State of the Union is 'unamerican,' then says "Someone said 'treasonous,' eh, why not? Can we call that treason? Well, why not?"

Moronic statement. He really shouldn’t talk. There is nothing more American than being able to disagree with the President and showcase it with action...no matter who the President is. That DOES NOT mean yelling "you lie!" or some shit and being disrespectful to a speaker is acceptable, I'm simply saying that I would remain seated until the address was over, then leave. Not one time has it ever bothered me to see a legislator not applaud something he doesn't agree with, whether it's a D or R at the podium.

So the question I pose is, show me empirical evidence here of treason and I'll change my mind.

Am I being unfair or biased?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

trea·son·ous
ˈtrēzənəs/
adjective
That being said........President Trump says Democrats not applauding at his State of the Union is 'unamerican,' then says "Someone said 'treasonous,' eh, why not? Can we call that treason? Well, why not?"

Moronic statement. He really shouldn’t talk. There is nothing more American than being able to disagree with the President and showcase it with action...no matter who the President is. That DOES NOT mean yelling "you lie!" or some shit and being disrespectful to a speaker is acceptable, I'm simply saying that I would remain seated until the address was over, then leave. Not one time has it ever bothered me to see a legislator not applaud something he doesn't agree with, whether it's a D or R at the podium.

So the question I pose is, show me empirical evidence here of treason and I'll change my mind.

Obviously it's no big deal, since Killary never paid for her treasonous act of back door deals with uranium, or killing off all the people that have goods on her, or paying for fake intel on Trump, or Obama wiretapping, or.......

See? It would seem nobody gives a rat's ass about this any more. But Nixon get's tarred and feathered for bugging an office. That was then. This is now.

Good Times Good Times

Obviously it's no big deal, since Killary never paid for her treasonous act of back door deals with uranium, or killing off all the people that have goods on her, or paying for fake intel on Trump, or Obama wiretapping, or.......

See? It would seem nobody gives a rat's ass about this any more. But Nixon get's tarred and feathered for bugging an office. That was then. This is now.
I'm just talking about the OP, not Hillary or Obama. Am I incorrect in my viewpoint towards this specific issue?

bbfreeburn

GTGT. give it up. You will never get a reply from almost all of the posters here that does not in some manner reference HRC, Obama, or "the Clintons." Won't happen.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IT CERTAINLY ISNT TREASONOUS! NOR UNAMERICAN. AND THERE HAVE BEEN MANY MORONIC THINGS SAID BY BOTH SIDES AT MANY DIFFERENT TIMES. SO BY YOUR QUESTION, I AM ASSUMING YOU HAVE AN UNDERLYING REASON? OTHER THAN JUST POSTING SOMETHING TRUMP SAID. I HOPE ITS SOMETHING DEEPER THAN JUST THAT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member

... and a case could certainly be made that John Kerry was guilty of treason (with regard to the "Iran deal").

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
GTGT. give it up. You will never get a reply from almost all of the posters here that does not in some manner reference HRC, Obama, or "the Clintons." Won't happen.
... but that's because "treasonous" actions are more in line with things done by HRC, Obama or the Clintons.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm just talking about the OP, not Hillary or Obama. Am I incorrect in my viewpoint towards this specific issue?
You didn't get my point? I'm showing you the difference between actual treasonous behavior and tongue in cheek quips. You know damn well that Trump was being facetious by the sarcastic grin while he said it. Plus, HE never said it was treasonous. He said "Why not". If you want to begin taking everything a president says literally, you're going to have a problem.

Djarum300

Addicted Member

trea·son·ous
ˈtrēzənəs/
adjective

It's the same for every president. Don't like Obama? You're racist! (Because in the media race is even hotter than treason).

I mean, there are legislatures on record that have stated they represent illegals. Shouldn't that be treason?

Good Times Good Times

It's the same for every president. Don't like Obama? You're racist! (Because in the media race is even hotter than treason).

I mean, there are legislatures on record that have stated they represent illegals. Shouldn't that be treason?
NO! If you don't like Obama it doesn't mean you are racist! I've criticized him as well (especially in regards to keeping troops, increasing honestly, in Afghanistan). The overt racism is what bugs me. Because I tend to lean left and call out the overt racism I am somewhat painted as a "leftist" (whatever that means).

Djarum300

Addicted Member
For a real response, I believe people should hope that their elected leaders are successful regardless of political opinion. This is not SEC football. We all lose when polotpoliti derail each other.

Good Times Good Times

For a real response, I believe people should hope that their elected leaders are successful regardless of political opinion. This is not SEC football.
Again, I've offered up criticism of Obama and didn't vote for Hillary (I couldn't vote for either candidate OR Gary Johnson after the Aleppo thing)......but you NEVER hear fair Trump criticism on this site for legit things. That's what I'm failing to understand....

Djarum300

Addicted Member
NO! If you don't like Obama it doesn't mean you are racist! I've criticized him as well (especially in regards to keeping troops, increasing honestly, in Afghanistan). The overt racism is what bugs me. Because I tend to lean left and call out the overt racism I am somewhat painted as a "leftist" (whatever that means).
I've been told directly that I eas racist because I didn't agree with his policies.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Again, I've offered up criticism of Obama and didn't vote for Hillary (I couldn't vote for either candidate OR Gary Johnson after the Aleppo thing)......but you NEVER hear fair Trump criticism on this site for legit things. That's what I'm failing to understand....
Speaking more broadly, that's the fundamental problem with the media and whatever bias goes on in the media. How can we be critical of a politician when many of the things pointed out or investigated are just smoke and based purely on biases, not on critical thinking?

How can I truly analyze a presidents policy when I don't trust the information? I'm extremely critical of his tweets. How can I be critical of the tax bill when I don't trust the information? The Daca issues? The Russian issue?

Good Times Good Times

Speaking more broadly, that's the fundamental problem with the media and whatever bias goes on in the media. How can we be critical of a politician when many of the things pointed out or investigated are just smoke and based purely on biases, not on critical thinking?

How can I truly analyze a presidents policy when I don't trust the information? I'm extremely critical of his tweets. How can I be critical of the tax bill when I don't trust the information? The Daca issues? The Russian issue?
So you don't believe, in essence, facts can be found? Or that you don't have access to them? Even in a poisoned well there is still clarity......you have to use your brain and look at things. Cite the bills themselves...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Perhaps you aren't aware of the many legitimately good things Trump has done, especially if your primary news source is CNN or MSNBC. What do you consider to be the major negative things that Trump has done, aside from his tweets and what you may call crude language?