ANOTHER JACKASS...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Sickening. Absolutely horrendous. And, even tho I hate to make this political, the whacky left is going to turn this into a gun problem rather than what it really is.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Sickening. Absolutely horrendous. And, even tho I hate to make this political, the whacky left is going to turn this into a gun problem rather than what it really is.
My first thought when I heard about it was that an unhinged liberal felt the need to "make those Trump supporters pay" for what they've done.

Don't know if that's the case, but that's honestly what my first thought was.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
There have been reports of a strange lady acting goofy, running thru the crowd about an hour before the incident yelling that they were all going to die.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I heard some speculation that he was a disgruntled gambler getting revenge. Who knows?
The only one who knows for sure can't tell us what his grievance was...

I can understand being angry. I can even understand how one might think / feel the desire to kill whomever did one wrong when they're mad (not that it's right, I can just recognize/rationalize how the emotion could exist in that moment/state of mind). What I cannot understand is killing innocent people who had nothing to do with whatever caused the anger.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
It was a fully automatic. My understanding is that's illegal.

bbfreeburn

His father was a bank robber psychopath, according to the shooter's brother.
Just saw that at least some of the weapons found were "Police weapons," whatever that implies.

Last edited:

livespive

Could be stolen.....

In Columbus a few years ago, a cops pistol was stolen.

The father made to the FBI list....

He had enough money that there is no way to tell how he got those fully auto guns.
With the explosives in his house, lack of guns was not going to stop him when he decided to do something.

His father was a bank robber psychopath, according to the shooter's brother.
Just saw that at least some of the weapons found were "Police weapons," whatever that implies.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
He didn't have fully auto weapons. He modified his semi-auto weapons with bump stocks. A relatively new trick that will allow your semi auto AR-15 to fire AS a fully auto weapon. Anyone can do this as all it takes is a spring, and the removal of the adjustment pin.

bbfreeburn

Greg, I beg to differ. The weapons (or some of them) were fully automatic after his modifications. I know there probably isn't a way to prevent this, other than making the bump stock illegal (which won't work either). (maybe we're just talking semantics).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, I beg to differ. The weapons (or some of them) were fully automatic after his modifications. I know there probably isn't a way to prevent this, other than making the bump stock illegal (which won't work either). (maybe we're just talking semantics).
I'm just saying that when he purchased the weapons they were perfectly legal semi-auto units. He modified them to shoot as full auto. There is a trick I can use to change my Glock hand guns into full auto as well. As of now, on a rifle this is not an illegal mod. At least in Michigan it isn't. Although, you don't want to have to use a handgun that has been modified. Not illegal to carry, but if you need to shoot someone they will check it out and if you have a 3# trigger or something, there could be trouble. But, bump stocks are currently legal. Now, whether or not the guns were purchased legally or stolen, I can't tell you. All I know is that he was not in possession of a true assault weapon. In fact, true automatics were outlawed in 1934, and there has been a total of THREE crimes committed with these weapons since that time.

bruce1156

Let's not lose sight of the fact that it was all the guns fault and so we have to regulate them out of the hands of the people. If you doubt me just ask any liberal or late night talk show host. They keep trying to tell us but we just won't listen. :Rolleyes: In all seriousness though my heart truly goes out to all those affected. Evil knows no bounds and has no conscience.:(

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MY GRANDKIDS GOING TO A CONCERT, SCHOOL, PEACEFUL GATHERING, MOVIE, CHURCH, BAR OR ANY OTHER LARGE GATHERING OF FOLKS, AND LOSING THEIR LIFE, I CHOOSE GUN CONTROL.
AGREED BRUCE. SAD DAY IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

livespive

But the problem is, that is not the answer.

When they searched his house they found explosives so even if he didn't have a gun, he was going to do something.

Even if you limit the purchase to one a year, he was 60+, if he was buying from the age of 21 he would have 40 guns.
also, he was rich...... That opens up an entirely different world. He had the means to buy illegal guns if he wanted.

You cannot stop those that wish to do harm, you can only try too contain them quickly.

IF I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MY GRANDKIDS GOING TO A CONCERT, SCHOOL, PEACEFUL GATHERING, MOVIE, CHURCH, BAR OR ANY OTHER LARGE GATHERING OF FOLKS, AND LOSING THEIR LIFE, I CHOOSE GUN CONTROL.
AGREED BRUCE. SAD DAY IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I saw someone comment in an article about his wealth, and that person provided a couple chilling examples of what this guy could have done without using guns. I think it noted he had access to private aircraft. Just let your mind go with what he could have accomplished with that.