Barack Hussein Obama, not Donald John Trump, divided America

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Liberal pundits in the lamestream media attempt to present a view that Donald John Trump has divided America. But that's ridiculous, in that the nation was already divided, and that's one of the reasons that Trump was elected.

The truth of the matter is that Barack Hussein Obama divided this country as it hasn't been divided for at least a half-century. He had a golden opportunity to bring unity and cooperation, and Divider In Chief Obama blew it in favor of partisan politics and racial divisiveness.

Obama never missed an opportunity to sow seeds of malcontent, from the 2009 “beer summit” to Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. When saying nothing would have been the optimum course of action, he waded into the fray, oftentimes being proved misinformed or misguided.

Therefore, Trump doesn't deserve blame for the division. He's been in office for only a few weeks, and he certainly didn’t divide the country. The liberals only think he has because now they are the ones left out in the cold.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
↑↑↑ What he said. How the fuck is Trump going to divide a country in 30 days??? No, it was the 8 years preceding him that did it.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Well, to be fair, the division over Trump started early in the presidential campaign. As a country, the fire was lit well before Trump being President was even a thought, but the animosity and division specifically related toThe Donald has been going on well more than 30 days.

What I'm beginning to wonder, though, is if it matters who the Repubs ran? For example, if any of the others had won and defeated Hillary, I think the liberals lose their fucking mind and throw a tantrum either way.

The hell of it is, I really don't think any of the other Republican candidates would have beat her. So yay for Donald Trump!!

What I'm beginning to wonder, though, is if it matters who the Repubs ran? For example, if any of the others had won and defeated Hillary, I think the liberals lose their fucking mind and throw a tantrum either way.

The hell of it is, I really don't think any of the other Republican candidates would have beat her. So yay for Donald Trump!!
9, you are 100% correct in what you said. The liberals thought they had the race locked up so much that they started celebrating early in the evening before the results were in. Now as you say, they are losing their minds and throwing tantrums. The media too. The liberals and one sided media are still in "melt down like a bunch of spoiled brats".

livespive

I don't really think so.

Yes they might have been upset, but I don't think they would have gone this far...
While they didn't the same thing the Tea Party went nuts During BHO's first run,
and it started before he was in the office.....

9, you are 100% correct in what you said. The liberals thought they had the race locked up so much that they started celebrating early in the evening before the results were in. Now as you say, they are losing their minds and throwing tantrums. The media too. The liberals and one sided media are still in "melt down like a bunch of spoiled brats".

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't really think so.

Yes they might have been upset, but I don't think they would have gone this far...
While they didn't the same thing the Tea Party went nuts During BHO's first run,
and it started before he was in the office.....
Dear livespive:

You present a valid opinion -- and there is no such thing as a false opinion -- but my opinion is more in sync with those of Brickguy221 and 9andaWiggle.

livespive

If I am not mistaken 9~ is wondering if it was truly the fact that a Republican beat Hillary.
I think it was more of the way that they election went. hell this election was already at a tantrum state on both sides before anyone won.

Trump was yelling, the people were yelling, they were yelling in the bates.....

There was nowhere else to go but down.

Dear livespive:

You present a valid opinion -- and there is no such thing as a false opinion -- but my opinion is more in sync with those of Brickguy221 and 9andaWiggle.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
If I am not mistaken 9~ is wondering if it was truly the fact that a Republican beat Hillary.
I think it was more of the way that they election went. hell this election was already at a tantrum state on both sides before anyone won.

Trump was yelling, the people were yelling, they were yelling in the bates.....

There was nowhere else to go but down.
Dear livespive:

I repeat ... You present a valid opinion -- and there is no such thing as a false opinion -- but my opinion remains more in sync with those of Brickguy221 and 9andaWiggle.

livespive

Correct, but if my understanding is incorrect, it might change my opinion ;)

Dear livespive:

I repeat ... You present a valid opinion -- and there is no such thing as a false opinion -- but my opinion remains more in sync with those of Brickguy221 and 9andaWiggle.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IT WOULD SEEM IF TRUMP DID DIVIDE THE COUNTRY, HE DIVIDED IT HIS WAY. GOOD JOB PRES!!! :Thumbsup:

Robadat

Dear livespive:

Your "understanding" isn't incorrect. Opinions are opinions (as apart from facts), and we're stating opinions here.
The problem with all this is that we are not getting facts from the news media outlets to base our own opinions on, we are basically basing our opinions on the opinions of some very biased people.

Just give us the facts and let us form our own opinions on factual information. I would bet a lot of our divisions aren't as big as they appear to be.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The problem with all this is that we are not getting facts from the news media outlets to base our own opinions on, we are basically basing our opinions on the opinions of some very biased people.

Just give us the facts and let us form our own opinions on factual information. I would bet a lot of our divisions aren't as big as they appear to be.
I agree with this. It's pretty bad when you can watch 5 news stations and they each have their own take on the events. I grew up watching Cronkite, Huntley, Brinkley, etc. where all they did was tell us the fact. Period. You could watch ANY of the big three news stations and get the exact same information. SOME of them had opinion pieces at the end of the news cast. You older guys here know what I'm talking about. We NEVER had a reason to question which report was accurate.

livespive

You saying I'm not old enough to relate :)
Just because I was watching 60 mins with my G.I. Joe :)

I do remember them though. News was a lot different then.

I agree with this. It's pretty bad when you can watch 5 news stations and they each have their own take on the events. I grew up watching Cronkite, Huntley, Brinkley, etc. where all they did was tell us the fact. Period. You could watch ANY of the big three news stations and get the exact same information. SOME of them had opinion pieces at the end of the news cast. You older guys here know what I'm talking about. We NEVER had a reason to question which report was accurate.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You could watch ANY of the big three news stations and get the exact same information. SOME of them had opinion pieces at the end of the news cast. You older guys here know what I'm talking about. We NEVER had a reason to question which report was accurate.
Dear Greg T:

I'm an older guy, and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.