Celebrity Apprentice: Host Feud

MI2AZ

We got two episodes of Celebrity Apprentice: Host Feud this week. Lucky us?

The saga, which is growing into its own spin-off, premiered in early January when Donald Trump slammed Schwarzenegger for getting lower ratings for his first week at the helm of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice than he had in his most recent season. Schwarzenegger clapped back, politely telling the then-president-elect to get back to work.

Trump renewed the feud during Thursday's National Prayer Breakfast, asking those gathered to appeal to their chosen deity on behalf of his replacement and the reality competition show.

"We had tremendous success on The Apprentice and when I ran for president, I had to leave the show," he told the audience. "That's when I knew for sure that I was doing it. They hired a big, big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger to take my place. And we know how that turned out. The ratings went right down the tubes. It's been a total disaster. And (executive producer) Mark (Burnett) will never, ever bet against Trump again. So I want to just pray for Arnold if we can."

And just like in the first round, Schwarzenegger had a sharp rejoinder.

"Hey, Donald, I have a great idea," the former California governor suggested in a video posted to Twitter. "Why don't we switch jobs? You take over TV because you're such an expert at ratings, and I take over your job and people can finally sleep comfortably again?"

The National Prayer Breakfast? pic.twitter.com/KYUqEZbJIE

— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) February 2, 2017

Unable to let Schwarzenegger have the last word, Trump went after the Governator's record in Sacramento Friday morning, tweeting, " Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a really bad job as Governor of California and even worse on the Apprentice ... but at least he tried hard!"

Schwarzenegger did end his tenure with approval ratings in the low 20-percent range, but should a president that entered office with the lowest approval rating in history really be throwing stones? Trump's current rating of 45% is still below that of every president since 1953 at the same point, according to this Gallup tracker.

Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a really bad job as Governor of California and even worse on the Apprentice...but at least he tried hard!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 3, 2017

Stay tuned for Schwarzenegger's response.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear MI2AZ:

Should we really "stay tuned" for Schwarzenegger's response, or to the back-and-forths that are certain to follow?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I wanna know who the stupid fuck was that chose Schwartz to begin with. He sucks. Terrible host.
... but as for me, I doubt I'll ever form an opinion on whether Arnold is a good host or not, because I'm not likely to ever watch an episode. I used to watch every episode of The Apprentice, but I stopped watching completely after it switched to Celebrity Apprentice.

MI2AZ

I watched the first season or two but got disgusted by Trump so I stopped watching it. I thought he was a bully with no logic.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I saw an episode while visiting with neighbors. The ending was cheesy in how it ended with "You're Terminated". Then they doubled down by adding, "Get back to the chopper!" :Confused:

Never was a fan of the show anyway, but thought this was ridiculously stupid. :Thumbsdown: