Charlottesville

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The problem is there is no middle ground. As soon as I say everyone has the right to assemble and protest, I'm called one thing from one side or something else from the other. I don't agree with most things people protest about, but I do believe people have the right to peaceful protest. BLM, lgbt, alt right, anti trumpers or whatever.
Agreed.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOICE AN OPINION AND EXPRESS A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW. I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO "PROTEST". THAT WORD IN ITSELF IS ANTAGONISTIC. ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD, "PEACEFUL PROTEST". BULLSHIT. AND CARRYING SIGNS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. THAT ALSO SEEMS ANTAGONISTIC.

livespive

Yes, maybe it should have been a town hall meeting with the leadership with no "protesters". The other side would have the chance to do the same thing.

When things get unorganized it gets ugly. I think they said that everyone there for the rally was supposed to enter from one side of the park, and that didn't happen.

I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOICE AN OPINION AND EXPRESS A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW. I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO "PROTEST". THAT WORD IN ITSELF IS ANTAGONISTIC. ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD, "PEACEFUL PROTEST". BULLSHIT. AND CARRYING SIGNS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. THAT ALSO SEEMS ANTAGONISTIC.

livespive

They have been able to do this for a while...

Although it wasn't KKK related. They use the "at will" excuse now.
Back in the day it was the "Moral conduct" clause that they used.

If you look close, it is in that paperwork that you sign when you start a job.

Well now they are trying to get people fired at their jobs for this. Should be interesting.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME THING GT. NOT EVEN CLOSE. BUT DID YOU NOTICE, EVERYTHING WAS SPELLED COREKL...CURRECTL...CORRECKL...SPELLED RIGHT. :Thumbsup::D

bbfreeburn

The problem is there is no middle ground. As soon as I say everyone has the right to assemble and protest, I'm called one thing from one side or something else from the other. I don't agree with most things people protest about, but I do believe people have the right to peaceful protest. BLM, lgbt, alt right, anti trumpers or whatever.
I''m for peaceful protest also. However, when you go armed with baseball bats and brass knuckles it seems difficult to maintain that your objective is peaceful. It also doesn't help that you march around at night with torches chanting Nazi slogans.

Blut und Boden. Yeah, I hear all my peace loving friends say this a lot.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I''m for peaceful protest also. However, when you go armed with baseball bats and brass knuckles it seems difficult to maintain that your objective is peaceful. It also doesn't help that you march around at night with torches chanting Nazi slogans.

Blut und Boden. Yeah, I hear all my peace loving friends say this a lot.
Maybe they thought it was a luau?

It's not just the supremists either. Earlier this year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...knuckles-bricks-show-viciousness-of-protests/

The anti-fa crowd gets violent also.