Chris Christie: Trump Made Me Eat Meatloaf

MI2AZ

It wasn't the topic of conversation of Tuesday's lunch meeting between Chris Christie and President Trump that drew attention. It was the meatloaf. During an interview with WFAN radio show Boomer and Carton on Thursday, Christie let slip that Trump ordered his meal for him at the White House, reports NJ.com. ''He says, 'There's the menu, you guys order whatever you want,'" Christie said, noting his wife was among the party. "And then he says, 'Chris, you and I are going to have the meatloaf … I'm telling you, the meatloaf is fabulous.'" While host Craig Carton described the move as "emasculating," per the Huffington Post, Christie disagreed.

Billy Eichner pointed out that Trump once fired musician Meat Loaf on Celebrity Apprentice. Trump looks to be a fan of the iconic American dish of the same name, though. In a 2012 tweet, he said "my mother's famous recipe" is served at Trump Grill in New York. (One for the Table has the recipe.) Even before Christie's comments, CBS News reported meatloaf—a favorite dish during the Depression and World War II—is making a comeback. As for the real meat of their meeting, Christie was at the White House to discuss the opioid addiction crisis with Trump.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Another example of biased journalism. In the NJ.com story, there are paragraphs that read ...

[WFAN interviewer Craig] Carton wasn't too interested in the governor's policy proposals, though.

"Most people wanna know what you talked about," he told Christie. "I wanna know what you ate."

[Therefore, it seems as if the interviewer wasn't interested in policy proposals; rather, he was interested in the menu ... and because of that, he was able to produce an article that had no substance about policy proposals or the meeting itself, but an item that afforded yet another opportunity to cast Trump in a negative light.]

MI2AZ

AW, perhaps, I should have your email address so I can consult you before I post something?
That way you can edit it so that it reads to your satisfaction.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
AW, perhaps, I should have your email address so I can consult you before I post something?
That way you can edit it so that it reads to your satisfaction.
Dear MI2AZ:

As a longtime newspaper copy editor and news editor, I wouldn't have any desire to change the meaning and/or content of what you present. I would only make changes in such things as grammatical or spelling errors, and for the most part, you seem quite good in those areas, so few changes would be in order.

However, if I was an executive editor and you worked under me, I would be more than well aware of your political biases, and on a news -- apart from editorial and opinion -- basis, I would likely instruct you to be more neutral in your headline writing and story selection.