Con Man number reduced

Good Times Good Times

Billy Graham had flaws...but so does every human. The message of Christianity is God loves you even though we are all sinners. Graham’s life was spent teaching that message. Focusing on those flaws on the day of his passing is missing the more important message in my mind.

You focus on what you like. I believe when folks die, being respectful is the correct course. If you disagree, that is fine.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Billy Graham had flaws...but so does every human. The message of Christianity is God loves you even though we are all sinners. Graham’s life was spent teaching that message. Focusing on those flaws on the day of his passing is missing the more important message in my mind.

You focus on what you like. I believe when folks die, being respectful is the correct course. If you disagree, that is fine.
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Good post in virtually every respect.

[I agree with Greg T on almost everything he posts, but I can't agree with his original post here.]

Good Times Good Times

Samaritan’s purse has helped millions of people worldwide. Whether you are a Christ follower or not, it is sad that anyone would consider the world to be better without him.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My issue is not the fact that I am agnostic. I care not about our religious differences. The hypocrisy makes me shake my head. Here is a man who preaches gods word of love, sharing, helping one another, etc. Yet, he was worth 25 million. If he were to practice what he preached he would have given all his wealth and possessions to help the needy.
The catholic church has multi billions. 10s of billions, but do they end world hunger? Provide health care? Assist shithole countries? No. They build gold plated churches and beg for money.

Last edited:

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Greg you make valid points. I held my opinion due to the fact that Mr Graham is dead. I'm Christian and was not a follower of his teachings. Let God handle this.:Thumbsup:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My issue is not the fact that I am agnostic. I care not about our religious differences. The hypocrisy makes me shake my head. Here is a man who preaches gods word of love, sharing, helping one another, etc. Yet, he was worth 25 million. If he were to practice what he preached he would have given all his wealth and possessions to help the needy.
The catholic church has multi billions. 10s of billions, but do they end world hunger? Provide health care? Assist shithole countries? No. They build gold plated churches and beg for money.
Actually, priests live fairly modest lives.

Catholic charities is one of the largest charities in the world.

Also keep in mind much of their wealth is in the land holding their Churches sit on.

I wonder, if we add up all the Protestant churches wealth, where would that be?

I do agree that the churches they build are way too expensive. But in comparison, the priests live fairly modestly compared to the likes if some pastors of Protestant churches.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Actually, priests live fairly modest lives.

Catholic charities is one of the largest charities in the world.

Also keep in mind much of their wealth is in the land holding their Churches sit on.

I wonder, if we add up all the Protestant churches wealth, where would that be?

I do agree that the churches they build are way too expensive. But in comparison, the priests live fairly modestly compared to the likes if some pastors of Protestant churches.
Well, the church need not disclose their financial holdings so nobody really knows the tru net worth. The vatican is it's own entity with it's own banking system and answers to no one. BUT, I do remember reading a couple of years ago that someone had stumbled across some bank accounts in the basement of the vatican as they were digging for archives and found out that those accounts were worth over 11 billion today. Now, take into consideration the enormous catholic churches just in our country alone, and the vatican itself, and you'll get a rough idea on about half of it's wealth. 10 of billions I'll bet. And they keep wanting people to pledge more than 10% of their incomes to the church. If they truly believe in what they preach they would use all that wealth for good. As I see it, they are greedy bastards and will some day own the world. I find this appalling when the people they con out of money more than likely are just getting by as it is.