Damn Guys.............

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yeah, but the news is getting good! Killary fucked Webster Hubbel and he is Chelsea's father!
Dear Greg T:

That's quite possibly (or even probably) true, but even if it's documented as true, will the lamestream media ever tell anyone about it?

radioactive

true story, while I was in the ambulance one of the EMTs want to cut off my shirt which was a replicia jersey of a HOF 3rd baseman from my team. The other EMT looked at him and said thats right your not from here. that ws the second stupid thing he did.

Oh and it was a button up!

Last edited:

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Sorry to hear this radioactive, sounds like you made it thru the hard part. Now just listen to your doctor and get well my friend.

radioactive

Had to bring this back up as went to see the Cardioligist today. NOT good news. He basicly told me that I am going to have to totally change the way I eat and live. Lots more exercise and NO red meat ( I have always in the past said fine if red meat is bad for me cook it till its dark brown).
I have 50 to 70 percent blockages in all 3 major veins leading to the heart. Already have 5 stents and one of them is 50% blocked. He is waiting one the CD of the procedure that was done back in July and after he reviews that he will talk with me more on what we are going to do.

Damn, if you can't enjoy yourself is it really living?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I hear ya, buddy. Most of those changes will be common sense. It doesn't mean ya can't have a burger now and then. Lay off the processed sugar and saturated fats, etc. Drink a lot of green tea, eat plenty of fiber and make sure ya have a lot of water daily. Do your homework on statin drugs, and talk to the doc if he wants you to take them. Most times they do more harm than good. My doc wanted me on statins and I refused. Period. I started taking Red Yeast Rice as a supplement and dropped my cholesterol over 120 points. Remember, when drugs are prescribed there are usually a natural replacement with no ill side effects.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This year I decided to get healthier. So far I've dropped almost 25 lbs. since January. I found this vid (below) to be interesting. I did the 2 day calorie restriction for a few weeks at the beginning. Combined this with using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone to track meals and exercise. The most interesting piece of the fitness app wasn't tracking caloric intake (although that is useful too), but seeing my nutrient intake. The key (for me, anyway) is trying to keep sodium and sugar down, and increase fiber (which is a struggle for me) and potassium. It's amazing, and kinda scary, when you realize the majority of your diet is fat, sodium, and sugar (at least mine was). Processed foods and restaruant food can be really bad (but why does it taste so good?).

It's a change, but not horrible. I started with eating more raw veggies, quickly got bored, and started looking for recipes that looked interesting, called for fresh produce (and meat in some cases), and did not call for sugar, salt, fat, etc. This helps if you like to cook and are a little adventurous. I still eat meat, but now we do more lean cuts (typically grilled) and smaller portions. I should do more fish, but holy shit salmon is expensive! So we've stuck with the Holy Trio of Beef, Pork, and Chicken.

I also started exercising more. Nothing hard core, we just try to walk or run a couple times per week, and get in some kind of strength work. Typically, we'll run 1.5 miles and walk another 3-4. Another day we just walk 5-7 miles. Usually, if we don't do the 2nd walk we'll do "circuit training" at home with dumbells followed up with some stretching.

Oh, and consult your Dr. I'm not medically trained and your current condition may not be good to jump into some of this. But
my point was, changing your diet can be done and it can be enjoyable discovering new foods. But I won't lie, craving a big bowl of ice cream while realizing it'll have 3 days worth of sugar/fat in it (and not wanting to screw the progress you've already made) is a real bitch at times.