Deathclock

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You were the Ghost of AW Past.....
Dear GTGT:

Actually, my classmates did know I was going to be attending. One of my classmates, even though he thought I was dead, was able to "find" me on the Internet, and after he verified that I was, indeed, his long-thought-dead classmate, told me that the class was having its 40th reunion in late October and that I was obviously welcome.

He notified the reunion committee, and when the notifications were sent out, they included information that Bill Herald was located (alive and well) in Florida, and that I would be attending. Amazingly, the reunion was in Boulder City, Nev., just 20 or so miles from Las Vegas, and I WAS ALREADY BOOKED FOR A VACATION IN LAS VEGAS in the exact time frame that the reunion was to be held, so all I had to do is re-arrange part of my vacation schedule to include the reunion activities.

However, had they not known I'd be in attendance, think about what the result would have been had I shown up on Halloween night wearing a sheet. I could have said stuff such as, "I'm the ghost of Bill Herald, and I remember when you ..." Is there any doubt that some of the classmates -- with a few drinks under their belt -- would have run out of the reunion site in terror and disbelief?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear GTGT:

Actually, my classmates did know I was going to be attending. One of my classmates, even though he thought I was dead, was able to "find" me on the Internet, and after he verified that I was, indeed, his long-thought-dead classmate, told me that the class was having its 40th reunion in late October and that I was obviously welcome.

He notified the reunion committee, and when the notifications were sent out, they included information that Bill Herald was located (alive and well) in Florida, and that I would be attending. Amazingly, the reunion was in Boulder City, Nev., just 20 or so miles from Las Vegas, and I WAS ALREADY BOOKED FOR A VACATION IN LAS VEGAS in the exact time frame that the reunion was to be held, so all I had to do is re-arrange part of my vacation schedule to include the reunion activities.

However, had they not known I'd be in attendance, think about what the result would have been had I shown up on Halloween night wearing a sheet. I could have said stuff such as, "I'm the ghost of Bill Herald, and I remember when you ..." Is there any doubt that some of the classmates -- with a few drinks under their belt -- would have run out of the reunion site in terror and disbelief?
That would have been epic! You should have done it!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That would have been epic! You should have done it!
Dear 9andaWiggle:

That wouldn't have ACTUALLY been possible, because as I said, in the pre-reunion information sent to all classmates, there was an indication that I was actually still alive and would be in attendance.