Even the Republican

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Congressman Brooks simply seems to be saying that attempted intimidation by protesters at town hall meetings (and elsewhere) regarding Obamacare may be giving some GOP members second thoughts about health-care legislation.

Some of the protestors at these town hall gatherings aren't even from the same district that members of Congress represent, and they have simply been "orchestrated" to disrupt the proceedings and attempt to cause chaos at such venues.

A perfect example of "overblown disruption" came when Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz was loudly booed and criticized at a town hall meeting, and the lamestream media took the opportunity to over-emphasize the protests (that gave indication that Chaffetz was very unpopular in his district). But how could that be the case? He's just barely into his latest term of office, and he won re-election by 46 PERCENTAGE POINTS just three months ago.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Mo Brooks represents my district. I voted for him. But not wanting to do town halls is just shady.
Dear Djarum300:

You should be more concerned about the threats posed by "outsiders" infiltrating any town hall meetings that Rep. Brooks would consider holding. If he were to conduct a town hall gathering, he almost certainly would face vocal protestors and would seem unpopular with his constituents. And that would be ridiculous, in that he won by 50 POINTS in the 2014 Congressional election, and he more than doubled the vote total of his Democrat opponent (Will Boyd) three months ago. Therefore, he can't possibly be unpopular in his district.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Will Boyd was a joke of a candidate. You have to understand, the state of politics in Alabama is tenuous at best. We have a shady governor with an an R after his name, who just sent the state Attorney to fill Sessions spot that had Bentley up under investigation.

At the state and federal level, the main reason we have so many Republicans is because the Dems can't produce candidates worth a crap. The reason in several articles that Mo Didn't want to do town halls is for safety concerns which is crap.

We know how town halls go. Loud opposition. This happens with Dems with tea party loud disruption. Mo needs to suck it up.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
We know how town halls go. Loud opposition. This happens with Dems with tea party loud disruption. Mo needs to suck it up.
Dear Djarum300:

I agree with the concept that members of Congress should, indeed, conduct town hall meetings as often as possible. However, even if certain Congressional members opt not to conduct them, constituents should judge them on their overall performance in office, with minimal consideration given as to whether they conduct town hall gatherings.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Will Boyd was a joke of a candidate.
Dear Djarum300:

When you made the above-quoted statement, I decided to do a brief search regarding Will Boyd, and one of the things that caught my eye immediately was the fact that he was involved in politics in Illinois. That's the same state who elected such political jokes as Barack Hussein Obama, Dan Rostenkowski, Rod Blagojavich, Richard Daley, Carol Mosley-Braun, Dick Durbin and many, many more.

Boyd also announced his candidacy at Yellowhammer Brewing in Huntsville, and unless your district has a lot of drunks and/or beer guzzlers -- not to say that beer drinking is a major negative -- that doesn't seem like a spot to launch a bid for political office. You seem correct in your implication that Mr. Boyd wasn't in a position to offer a major challenge to Rep. Brooks.

Last edited:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

When you made the above-quoted statement, I decided to do a brief search regarding Will Boyd, and one of the things that caught my eye immediately was the fact that he was involved in politics in Illinois. That's the same state who elected such political jokes as Barack Hussein Obama, Dan Rostenkowski, Rod Blagojavich, Richard Daley, Carol Mosley-Braun, Dick Durbin and many, many more.

Boyd also Boyd announced his candidacy at Yellowhammer Brewing in Huntsville, and unless your district has a lot of drunks and/or beer guzzlers -- not to say that beer drinking is a major negative -- that doesn't seem like a spot to launch a bid for political office. You seem correct in your implication that Mr. Boyd wasn't in a position to offer a major challenge to Rep. Brooks.
Local breweries have exploded here in Huntsville. Craft beer is the in thing here, regardless of political leanings. Both parties are on board with it.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Local breweries have exploded here in Huntsville. Craft beer is the in thing here, regardless of political leanings. Both parties are on board with it.
... but launching his congressional bid at the brewery didn't help Boyd get even half as many votes as Brooks.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY. I WAS SAYING THEY WERE THERE SAMPLING THE PRODUCT, THEY DIDNT CARE WHO WAS SPEAKING. IF HE COULDNT CONVINCE A BUNCH OF DRUNK FOLKS, HE REALLY DOES SUCK.