Florida...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
... but all everyone can do is TRY to stay safe, and unfortunately, it's a virtual cinch that many Floridians won't be able to.
I'm not sure where you are at but I got folks in Jacksonville. They are about 20 miles from the coast and it will weaken by then. They saw 75mph wind just a year ago from Matthew.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
How about you AW? Looks like you're going to get hit, hope you stay well.
+1

Harvey was a real douchebag. Once he got here he overstayed his welcome while ruining all our stuff. Irma looks like she's going to be a total bitch hellbent on destruction. Ya'll stay safe over there. :Unsure:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
How about you AW? Looks like you're going to get hit, hope you stay well.
Dear bbfreeburn:

Barring a further major shift in the storm track, our side of the state won't be "under the gun" anywhere near as much as the right side of the state. As of now, we're only forecast to receive tropical storm-type winds, but even that can be problematical to a degree. Thanks for the well-wishes.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
+1

Harvey was a real douchebag. Once he got here he overstayed his welcome while ruining all our stuff. Irma looks like she's going to be a total bitch hellbent on destruction. Ya'll stay safe over there. :Unsure:
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Irma is almost certainly to be quite nasty over parts (if not all) of the state, but unlike Harvey, it's not likely to "hang around" too long; rather, it will do its damage and be out of any given area in a matter of hours, not days.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear bbfreeburn:

Barring a further major shift in the storm track, our side of the state won't be "under the gun" anywhere near as much as the right side of the state. As of now, we're only forecast to receive tropical storm-type winds, but even that can be problematical to a degree. Thanks for the well-wishes.
That's changed. More Westerly side now if the models hold. Marco or Naples now.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That's changed. More Westerly side now if the models hold. Marco or Naples now.
Indeed, whereas 24 hours ago, it looked as if we'd get only tropical storm winds here on the west coast of Florida (in Sarasota), now it looks as if we may get 100+ mph winds.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
We spent a long, dark night in a "safe room" (an interior closet) as the hurricane passed, but my wife and I got through it safely, and thankfully, our home suffered no damage. We did lose power for almost 20 hours, and it just came back on a few minutes ago. And also, thankfully for our area, the storm took an eastward jog yesterday afternoon. It was forecast to go right over us, but it wound up going quite a few miles to the east -- although, of course, that was unfortunate for other parts of southwest and central Florida. Thanks for the many prayers and well-wishes from so many people. Needless to say, that means a lot.