George Floyd's detaining

Scolai

I just read this article, which makes the case that the state may have a difficult time prosecuting Chauvin, the rogue cop who killed Floyd in broad daylight.

Most of you know that I have been training in martial arts since I was 14 (I'm 50 now). I've been consistently training (COVID-19 lockdowns notwithstanding) for 11 years. Here's why I have a problem with Chauvin's actions.

1 - yes, he pressed his knee into the side of Floyd's neck, but what is worse is that as Floyd was pleading for respite from the pressure on his neck, Chauvin applied MORE pressure to Floyd's neck. You can hear Floyd audibly cry out as the cop bears down on his neck.
2 - I trained with a 10th-degree grandmaster instructor who described the side of the neck as the "human off switch." I've been smacked in the side of the neck before. I've slapped others in the side of the neck. It sucks, and enough pressure there can render a person unconscious. I nearly put a kid on his ass when he got a little stupid in a kumite session by swatting him on the side of the neck. The area is packed with nerves (the supraclavicular nerve trio), and trauma to those nerves can render a person unconscious.
3 - had the officer used a slightly different approach, he could have detained the suspect while simultaneously protecting the sensitive areas of the neck. Here is a picture of me 'detaining' a suspect. This method is assuming that I have three other officers to help facilitate detainment of the suspect:

All I had to do to maintain control of the 'suspect' was to sit down (lower my weight) and flatten my foot (the one around his neck). At no point was the 'suspect' distressed to the point of being incapable of breathing.

Chauvin acted foolishly and arrogantly, resulting in the death of a suspect in his custody. With the right expert witnesses, they can get a conviction.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Scolai:

Legal technicalities and/or imperfectly-worded charges can cause potential problems with regard to a "slam-dunk" case, but unless the prosecution is poorly (and unlikely) flawed, an eventual conviction is virtually assured in this case

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Has anyone seen the chunk of video removed by the lamestream media? All the outlets are showing the same clip. Camera pans around all the spectators and then suddenly cuts to Floyd's neck being pinched. As ALWAYS, I wanna know what happened during the 10 or 15 minutes removed from the video. This is the way the media ALWAYS triggers rioting and looting. They thrive on it.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Has anyone seen the chunk of video removed by the lamestream media? All the outlets are showing the same clip. Camera pans around all the spectators and then suddenly cuts to Floyd's neck being pinched. As ALWAYS, I wanna know what happened during the 10 or 15 minutes removed from the video. This is the way the media ALWAYS triggers rioting and looting. They thrive on it.
... and viewers, readers and listeners are exposed to such coverage (or non-coverage, as the case may be) ad nauseum!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
... and viewers, readers and listeners are exposed to such coverage (or non-coverage, as the case may be) ad nauseum!
They've done the same type of editing time and time again on these events. I don't have all the names, but Zimmerman, Brown, the guy in Milwaukee, and many many others. They chop off the important part of the video and show how the cop killed the guy,. Also, is anyone reporting that Floyd was an ex-con who did time for bank robbery, drug dealing and some other shit? Not hearing any of that.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
What I see here locally is a knee to the mid/upper back. Cuffs go on and suspect is then sat up. Why was this individual on the ground for so long? That's my question.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
What I see here locally is a knee to the mid/upper back. Cuffs go on and suspect is then sat up. Why was this individual on the ground for so long? That's my question.
That's what I'm saying. As ALWAYS, the video was edited and we don;t know what happened in between shots.