Georgia special election candidate, and 95% of donors, don't even live in district

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Nationwide liberals have donated millions of dollars in today's (April 18) special election to fill a Georgia 6th Congressional District seat, in an attempt -- with the help of the lamestream media -- to claim momentum against Donald Trump's presidency.

However, although legal, neither Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff nor 95 percent of his donors even live in that district.

http://www.topnewslive.com/southern-showdown-ga-congressional-hopeful-doesnt-live-in-district/

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Looks like a couple of laws that need changed. How can one expect to be represented by a candidate that doesn't even live amongst the represented, especially when outside money is supporting the candidate?

It sounds like a recipe for corruption.

bbfreeburn

It sounds like business as usual. 9, does your representative live anywhere near you? No, they live in Washington D.C.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
It sounds like business as usual. 9, does your representative live anywhere near you? No, they live in Washington D.C.
Good point. When I lived in Indiana, our rep for the State House lived in the same county we did. But he was not in DC, just a state level rep. Probably what I was thinking.

Still would hope the rep held residence in the state they represent, at least prior to heading to DC. Just doesn't sound right if it's any other way (but I guess it could be the way it is).