Get rich, pay taxes: it's a patriotic duty - Mark Cuban

Good Times Good Times

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/sep/22/get-rich-pay-taxes?CMP=share_btn_tw

Get rich, pay taxes: it's a patriotic duty
-Mark Cuban

Bust your ass and get rich.

Make a boatload of money. Pay your taxes. Lots of taxes. Hire people. Train people. Pay people. Spend money on rent, equipment, services. Pay more taxes.

When you make a shitload of money. Do something positive with it. If you are smart enough to make it, you will be smart enough to know where to put it to work.

I don't care what anyone says. Being rich is a good thing. Not just in the obvious sense of benefitting you and your family, but in the broader sense. Profits are not a zero sum game. The more you make, the more of a financial impact you can have.

I'm not against government involvement in times of need. I am for recognising that big public companies will continue to cut jobs in an effort to prop up stock prices, which in turn stimulates the need for more government involvement. Every cut job by the big companies extracts a cost on the American people in one way or another.

Entrepreneurs are needed to create and grow companies to absorb those people in new jobs. If entrepreneurs don't create those jobs, the government ends up having to spend more money to help them one way or another.

So be patriotic. Go out there and get rich. Get so obnoxiously rich that when that tax bill comes, your first thought will be to choke on how big a check you have to write. Your second thought will be "what a great problem to have", and your third should be a recognition that in paying your taxes you are helping to support millions of Americans that are not as fortunate as you.

In these times of the "Great Recession", we shouldn't be trying to shift the benefits of wealth behind some curtain. We should be celebrating and encouraging people to make as much money as they can. Profits equal tax money. While some people might find it distasteful to pay taxes, I don't. I find it patriotic.

I'm not saying that the government's use of tax money is the most efficient use of our hard-earned capital. It obviously is not. In a perfect world, there would be a better option. We don't live in a perfect world. We don't live in a perfect time. We live in a time where the government plays a big role in an effort to help lead us out this Great Recession. That's reality.

So I will repeat my point. Get out there and make a boatload of money. Enjoy the shit out your money. Pay your taxes.

It's the most patriotic thing you can do.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Has Trump been indicted of a crime? Investigated by the FBI, DoJ, or Congress? Does Donald have the blood of American soldiers on his hands? Possibly sold weapons to our enemies? Or carelessly handled sensitive information that could jeopardize American lives/security?

Robadat

How many people here refuse to take any tax deductions on their returns and pay the highest amount possible? Does anybody know of anyone that does so?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Best part about it is that both Cuban AND Clinton have used the exact same tax laws that they rail on Trump about.

livespive

See, I think he would get more supporters if he had came out and released his taxes along time ago, said that what he did was legal, and show the loophole, then say that he is going to revise the tax code so that all of us could do it :)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
See, I think he would get more supporters if he had came out and released his taxes along time ago, said that what he did was legal, and show the loophole, then say that he is going to revise the tax code so that all of us could do it :)
Anyone who has filed a tax return should know about it. IF you have a year when your income has spiked substantially or dipped substantially (loss), you are able to use income averaging over the next handful of years to spread out the pain. This is common knowledge and I have used it, myself years ago.

livespive

Yeah, I have as well when I had a small business, but I couldn't spread it out that far;)

Anyone who has filed a tax return should know about it. IF you have a year when your income has spiked substantially or dipped substantially (loss), you are able to use income averaging over the next handful of years to spread out the pain. This is common knowledge and I have used it, myself years ago.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah, I have as well when I had a small business, but I couldn't spread it out that far;)
Depends on the amount claimed as loss against your current income. Now, I'm not sure if the bitching about Trump is related to his corporate tax returns or his personal tax returns.

livespive

I think the main thing is that he didn't release them. the next thing would be that he used a "loophole" as the common man would call it....

I think if people knew from the beginning that you could do things like this it would go over better.

And then like I said, release them at the beginning like everyone else.

Depends on the amount claimed as loss against your current income. Now, I'm not sure if the bitching about Trump is related to his corporate tax returns or his personal tax returns.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I think the main thing is that he didn't release them. the next thing would be that he used a "loophole" as the common man would call it....

I think if people knew from the beginning that you could do things like this it would go over better.

And then like I said, release them at the beginning like everyone else.
So far I've noticed that everything he does is calculated, timely and methodical. He has a very good reason for building suspense about his returns, and all will be clear when the time comes. He is showing his cunning and prowess in the business world by running his campaign on mostly free press and TV. This is another tool, I am sure.

livespive

Yeah calculated, but it might not be working as good as it could for him.

So far I've noticed that everything he does is calculated, timely and methodical. He has a very good reason for building suspense about his returns, and all will be clear when the time comes. He is showing his cunning and prowess in the business world by running his campaign on mostly free press and TV. This is another tool, I am sure.

Good Times Good Times

Probably a good time for Trump to pull whatever rabbit he has in the hat out.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo#now

FiveThirtyEight's now-cast gives Clinton an 86% chance of winning the presidency. AZ just turned blue.

Also, for you gamblin' types, I'll be laying odds if you all want to bet on the election. LMK......"put your money where your mouth is" if you think Trump will win..............I WILL LAY ODDS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Probably a good time for Trump to pull whatever rabbit he has in the hat out.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo#now

FiveThirtyEight's now-cast gives Clinton an 86% chance of winning the presidency. AZ just turned blue.

Also, for you gamblin' types, I'll be laying odds if you all want to bet on the election. LMK......"put your money where your mouth is" if you think Trump will win..............I WILL LAY ODDS.
Dear GTGT:

Of course, I agree with you. I don't know how many times I've stated this -- including a number of times in this forum -- but it has been my contention ever since 2012 that ...

NEVER AGAIN WILL A U.S. PRESIDENT BE ELECTED UNDER THE REPUBLICAN BANNER.

I'd like to be wrong, but as I've also stated many times: AMERICAN VOTERS ARE STUPID.

Good Times Good Times

Dear GTGT:

Of course, I agree with you. I don't know how many times I've stated this -- including a number of times in this forum -- but it has been my contention ever since 2012 that ...

NEVER AGAIN WILL A U.S. PRESIDENT BE ELECTED UNDER THE REPUBLICAN BANNER.

I'd like to be wrong, but as I've also stated many times: AMERICAN VOTERS ARE STUPID.
Now, I disagree that a Republican will never be elected President again.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
If Killary is elected, there will never be another election........period. I'm still skeptical of there being an election in November. And if there is an election in November, I doubt very much it will be legit. You can't deny the fact that she has stolen the nomination from Bernie Boy, and that the entire democratic primaries were rigged.