Give it Back!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF THEY DO THAT, CAN I GET MY HEALTHCARE INCREASES BACK? DO TO MISMANAGEMENT TRYING TO INCREASE NUMBERS.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Is this a great country, or what? Every representative in our government that sits idle while this injustice takes place can go fuck themselves in the ass with a red hot poker.:Thumbsdown::mad:

Robadat

I don't think these soldiers should have to pay back anything. They were made an offer that they accepted. They re-enlisted so they, in good faith, honored their end of the deal. The responsibility for this mistake falls on the Pentagon who didn't oversee how these bonuses were being given out by it's representatives, not on those that accepted them. Since the Pentagon can't repay the six years these soldiers gave them in their end of the deal, The Pentagon should just eat this mistake and hopefully learn from it so it doesn't happen again.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't think these soldiers should have to pay back anything. They were made an offer that they accepted. They re-enlisted so they, in good faith, honored their end of the deal. The responsibility for this mistake falls on the Pentagon who didn't oversee how these bonuses were being given out by it's representatives, not on those that accepted them. Since the Pentagon can't repay the six years these soldiers gave them in their end of the deal, The Pentagon should just eat this mistake and hopefully learn from it so it doesn't happen again.
FULLY AGREED!

Good Times Good Times

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/polit...-california-national-guard-members/index.html

I noticed this:

"After investigators uncovered rampant fraud and mismanagement by California Guard officials trying to meet enlistment targets, the California National Guard has said it was required to try to recuperate the erroneously awarded funds, and does not have the authority to unilaterally waive the debts."

Sounds like this may be at the root of the issue to begin with. Idiots trying to meet quota then put others in a politically (and emotionally) unpopular position.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Didn't see the article... are they returning funds to those they already bullied into giving the money back?

Buncha Assholes either way for even trying this shit. Goes to show how little respect they have for our soldiers and the American people in general. I'd still like to see them all get the JLS treatment for this. :mad:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/polit...-california-national-guard-members/index.html

I noticed this:

"After investigators uncovered rampant fraud and mismanagement by California Guard officials trying to meet enlistment targets, the California National Guard has said it was required to try to recuperate the erroneously awarded funds, and does not have the authority to unilaterally waive the debts."

Sounds like this may be at the root of the issue to begin with. Idiots trying to meet quota then put others in a politically (and emotionally) unpopular position.

And in the article the defense secretary said some soldiers knew....

Well maybe they should prove that first.

Robadat

Just in Defence Secretary just announced they will suspend trying to get the money back from vet's.
Suspending attempts to collect is nice, but it doesn't erase the debt. Would rather see them permanently forgiven and all repayments returned to the soldiers that made restitution. That might take an act of Congress, if so, get it done ASAP.

livespive

Exactly,

Suspending attempts to collect is nice, but it doesn't erase the debt. Would rather see them permanently forgiven and all repayments returned to the soldiers that made restitution. That might take an act of Congress, if so, get it done ASAP.