Good ole Kentucky

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
We've got clerks here in AL who say its against their religion.
To date sheep, or are you back on topic? lol

Do they still do the job, or do they refuse? Is there someone else in these offices that complete those transactions for the clerks who refuse due to beliefs?

stc067

The woman has refused to do her job, and has also refused to resign. When she appears before the judge on Thursday, she should be found in contempt for not obeying the orders of three separate courts, and jailed. If she doesn't want to perform the duties of her position, then she should leave her position.

Good Times Good Times

We did agree all along 9, I think our only difference is in sentiment towards the lady. Look, I'm not gay nor do I really understand it, my point is simply the blatancy in which she's in contempt. I do think she needs to be made an example of but to the level of which I am not sure. No doubt she acted like a jackass. She should have resigned citing personal issues.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
LOOPHOLE; "BEST OF MY SKILL AND JUDGEMENT". THATS KIND OF LEFT OPEN FOR MANY DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS ISNT IT?
You may have something here. This could be a huge case if she decides to spend the time and money to pursue it.

livespive

Yes that's what I was thinking, but then again, they can say, as lon as what is going on is in line with the law of the land. she has no choice.
It is only when it is grey and she has to make a judgement call, which now this is not grey anymore.

LOOPHOLE; "BEST OF MY SKILL AND JUDGEMENT". THATS KIND OF LEFT OPEN FOR MANY DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS ISNT IT?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THIS MAY BE A HORRIBLE COMPARISON. I HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING AND THE POLICEMAN DECIDED NOT TO WRITE ME A TICKET. SHOULD HE BE FIRED FOR USING HIS JUDGEMENT AND NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
THIS MAY BE A HORRIBLE COMPARISON. I HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING AND THE POLICEMAN DECIDED NOT TO WRITE ME A TICKET. SHOULD HE BE FIRED FOR USING HIS JUDGEMENT AND NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW?
Maybe. Did you run to the media with your story in order to spark the necessary outrage at this despicable act? :confused:

:Laugh:

livespive

What was his reason?????

Were you going to the hospital?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
To date sheep, or are you back on topic? lol

Do they still do the job, or do they refuse? Is there someone else in these offices that complete those transactions for the clerks who refuse due to beliefs?
I'm not exactly sure.

Part of the problem is this. She took on a job before the law. Now, in saying that, if my company said we need you to do something that I morally or unethically think is wrong, I'm going to resign. And thats what she should do.

Its like all all Kosher Butcher shop deciding to not be Kosher anymore. That means those working there under Kosher law would have to quit or violate their religion.

Just on a side note though.

I find it curious that everyone is slamming her for not upholding the law, yet we have politicians who choose not to follow the law all the time and they get away with it. San Fransisco Mayor anyone? Sanctuary cities?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
We did agree all along 9, I think our only difference is in sentiment towards the lady. Look, I'm not gay nor do I really understand it, my point is simply the blatancy in which she's in contempt. I do think she needs to be made an example of but to the level of which I am not sure. No doubt she acted like a jackass. She should have resigned citing personal issues.
Again, look at my previous post. Aren't all these officials who choose not to follow the law or enforce the law in contempt?

livespive

See that is the thing.....

IT does not say that she is supposed to uphold the law as it was when she went in.....
She is supposed to uphold the law.....

Now picture this, let's just say gays were able to marry way before she worked there, but it just just so happened that no one did.
Now, while she is working there someone comes in (gay), what does she do? She has to uphold the law?????!!!? It was there before she was???

I'm not exactly sure.

Part of the problem is this. She took on a job before the law. Now, in saying that, if my company said we need you to do something that I morally or unethically think is wrong, I'm going to resign. And thats what she should do.

Its like all all Kosher Butcher shop deciding to not be Kosher anymore. That means those working there under Kosher law would have to quit or violate their religion.

Just on a side note though.

I find it curious that everyone is slamming her for not upholding the law, yet we have politicians who choose not to follow the law all the time and they get away with it. San Fransisco Mayor anyone? Sanctuary cities?

Good Times Good Times

I wonder how shook you could get some people by electing a Muslim county clerk who promises to uphold Sharia Law.
It would be pretty hilarious if someone refused to issue drivers licenses to women like in Saudi Arabia. Someone who works in a DMV should declare they are going to start doing that just to get in the news and make a point.

livespive

+1

and I am quite sure there are some out there already, but they know to work at work and do everything else at home.
Unless they stay in their communities.

I wonder how shook you could get some people by electing a Muslim county clerk who promises to uphold Sharia Law.
It would be pretty hilarious if someone refused to issue drivers licenses to women like in Saudi Arabia. Someone who works in a DMV should declare they are going to start doing that just to get in the news and make a point.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Shoot, here at the DMV they give out Licenses based on Redneck law. Take a number, wait a few hours.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LIVESPIVE, BOTH QUESTIONS ARE NOT RELEVANT IN THIS CASE. AS YOU SAID ITS THE LAW, NOT A GREY AREA.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Its just like our President only enforcing the laws he likes, and ignoring the laws he feels are unjust or laws he just plainly does not like. Illegal aliens for example, he has said himself that he will not enforce those laws.

The example has been set by our leader, so why should she be any different?