'Hamilton' cast aimed 'disgusting' statements at Mike Pence

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It was a long inappropriate and despicable letter. not the time nor the place.

Last edited:

MI2AZ

I did read where Pence said he heard what was said and was not offended by it but I still don't know what was said.

livespive

And?????????

1. That was better than all of the shit going on in the streets.
2. It was at the end of the show, unlike Amy's comedy routine when she talked about stuff in the middle. I paid for comedy, not politics.
3. Everyone keeps forgetting when the shoe was on the other foot, and BHO was going into office. I didn't like him, but still, things were said.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
AND.........Pence was there with his family , and to have a good time......not to get lectured to by a twobit actor.
There is a time and a place and that was neither .

livespive

It's funny, a lot of you on here say that people are being pussies, and are soft, but yet I see the same thing no matter where you look......

If he didn't want this, then he shouldn't have ran for "PUBLIC" office. He has now opened Pandora's Box, anything about his past is fair game, the people he is around are fair game........

Nobody has a problem talking about the first lady??????

He's got 4 years of it.

IT is the same thing that say about stars, you know you are going to be getting the attention so if you can't deal with it don't put yourself in that position.

AND.........Pence was there with his family , and to have a good time......not to get lectured to by a twobit actor.
There is a time and a place and that was neither .

Robadat

I didn't think the statement made was overly offensive, and neither did Pence. But it was done in poor taste, at the wrong place and at the wrong time. Unless a member of the audience of a play is actively disrupting the performance, the cast should never berate any person in attendance of the performance. Perhaps a better idea for the cast would have been to invite the VP elect to meet with the cast backstage in private and then relay their fears to him where he could have given them a personal response.

livespive

While true, that is the problem that I see..........

Not even making this political, when one side does something "whines" the other side starts to complain about it.
But as soon as it happens to them they want to burn the town.

Like you said, was it offensive, no, wrong place wrong time, yes..........

Life lessons that everyone needs to learn......

Stay safe Rob, I have been seeing bad things on the news.

I didn't think the statement made was overly offensive, and neither did Pence. But it was done in poor taste, at the wrong place and at the wrong time. Unless a member of the audience of a play is actively disrupting the performance, the cast should never berate any person in attendance of the performance. Perhaps a better idea for the cast would have been to invite the VP elect to meet with the cast backstage in private and then relay their fears to him where he could have given them a personal response.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Consider the hypocrisy. When the producers issued their casting call, it was specifically stated that they were seeking non-white performers. Such racial "requirements" go against state and federal law, and further, it's against the rules of Actors Equity. Quoting from the "EEO & Diversity" chapter in the actorsequity.org Web site ...

Actors' Equity endorses the goals of diversity, inclusion, and the principles of equal opportunity for all who work in the theatre industry, and condemns racism, prejudice, discrimination and exclusion in the theatre. To these ends, we encourage employment and production opportunities in all disciplines and areas of theatrical production to include persons of every race, color, culture, age, gender, physical disability and sexual orientation, thereby achieving a theatre industry, both on and off stage, that reflects the full diversity of American society.

Why doesn't the lamestream media comment on that? And why hasn't the situation been investigated by Obama's Justice Department?

MI2AZ

Consider the hypocrisy. When the producers issued their casting call, it was specifically stated that they were seeking non-white performers. Such racial "requirements" go against state and federal law, and further, it's against the rules of Actors Equity. Quoting from the "EEO & Diversity" chapter in the actorsequity.org Web site ...

Actors' Equity endorses the goals of diversity, inclusion, and the principles of equal opportunity for all who work in the theatre industry, and condemns racism, prejudice, discrimination and exclusion in the theatre. To these ends, we encourage employment and production opportunities in all disciplines and areas of theatrical production to include persons of every race, color, culture, age, gender, physical disability and sexual orientation, thereby achieving a theatre industry, both on and off stage, that reflects the full diversity of American society.

Why doesn't the lamestream media comment on that? And why hasn't the situation been investigated by Obama's Justice Department?

Not to worry, once Trump is in office he will have his special police force investigate things like that.

livespive

Interesting, wasn't the guy that wrote/produced/directed it white????

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Wonder if anyone who thinks the cast's "message" to Pence was appropriate would think it's OK if Obama, VP Biden or Sen. Schumer were to attend an NBA game and be the target of opposing political comments by team management and/or players.

MI2AZ

There's been much worse posted here about the sitting President so I'm sure he got an earful wherever he went.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
And?????????

1. That was better than all of the shit going on in the streets.
2. It was at the end of the show, unlike Amy's comedy routine when she talked about stuff in the middle. I paid for comedy, not politics.
3. Everyone keeps forgetting when the shoe was on the other foot, and BHO was going into office. I didn't like him, but still, things were said.
Amy who?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
There's been much worse posted here about the sitting President so I'm sure he got an earful wherever he went.
... but, for instance, has Obama ever gone to a music concert and been singled out by the performer(s) for political commentary, or has he gone to an athletic event and had to deal with political comments from players or team management?