In support of toolguru

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I understand why he (and half of America) feel the way they do about Trump. It's the same way the other half of America would feel if hillary had won.

While I'm glad Trump won over hillary, if we're completely honest he brings a lot of the drama upon himself. The last election gave us two candidates who were, for a plethora of reasons, less than ideal (to be polite).

I heard a quote from Joe Biden where he claims he could have easily defeated Trump, and I agree. He would have. The die hard party line votes would not have changed, but the vast majority of voters who held their nose while voting for Trump or Hillary would most likely have cast that ballot for Biden. Who know what affect that could have had on the House/Senate seats.

So, I have little empathy for the democrats. They brought it upon themselves by running such a flawed candidate. The Reps were given a golden opportunity after voters expressed disgust with the dems, and so far they're mostly squandering it with petty infighting. Meanwhile, the dems could face the same golden opportunity 18 months from now, but they need to quit whining about Trump, wise up - quit feeding into his drama, get themselves organized, and move forward with a solid plan if they want any chance.

Meanwhile, I still hope/pray for a viable, sensible 3rd party to form and force these other 2 to become more moderate and less extreme in their agendas. IMO America needs less extremism in our government and more compromise / middle of the road legislation at the Fed level. People need to realize what works in CA most likely will not work in KS, and that it's OK for others to live a different life than they do. Not everyone has to be 100% just like them to be a good citizen and provide value to the country.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Another thought... the media needs to STFU about Trump. Again, they're feeding his ego/desire for drama and keeping the spotlight on things that have been beaten to death. People are tuning it out (at least I am). It's the whole Henny Penny "The Sky is Falling Down" and "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" thing.

I think Americans are tired of hearing nothing but negativity in the media about our government. Is it no wonder why approval ratings are down when everyone is constantly told our representatives are all crooked pieces of shit?

This is where I think any party could capitalize: quit feeding the drama monster, bring a positive message about your own plan/ideas, ignore the other side when they get childish and petty (be the Adult in the room - bring respectability and honor back to the offices), and be willing to compromise for the greater good of the country.

I'm not holding my breath, but that's what we need.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I disagree. Trump was voted in BECAUSE of his ego. He had the nads to stand up and actually tell it like it is. He had the nads to go nose to nose with both parties and tell them all that their cash cow is dead and the corruption will stop. He won because the people have felt that way for a long time and they finally found a candidate that promises to act. So far, so good. Now, if the fucking assholes would allow him to do what he wants to get done we're going to a prosperity boom in this country that we haven't seen in 60+ years.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't disagree that there are a lot of people whom that resonates with and who would have and still support Trump. I just think if you remove toxic hillary, the exposed corruption of her own party insiders trying to undermine Bernie regardless of what the constituents wanted, and insert Biden into the race (assuming he beats Bernie fair and square), then Trump's run to the WH would have been much more difficult. I think Biden could have pulled it off. While it would have also been interesting against Bernie, I think Trump would still edge him out. Not sure he could against Biden. IMO.

Not that it really matters now... but lessons learned could be relevant in the next 2-4 years. And that goes for the reps as well who are still in denial and wondering how Trump was allowed access to crash their little Bushwood social club.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
9andaWiggle makes some valid points and offers some food for thought ... BUT I tend to agree more with Greg's comments. Unlike virtually all politicians, Trump was willing to tell it like it is (and to hell with political correctness).

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WELL SAID 9. I ALSO THINK G IS RIGHT, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKED SOMEONE STANDING UP AND SPEAKING HIS MIND.

toolguru

Total Tool
I disagree. Trump was voted in BECAUSE of his ego. He had the nads to stand up and actually tell it like it is. He had the nads to go nose to nose with both parties and tell them all that their cash cow is dead and the corruption will stop. He won because the people have felt that way for a long time and they finally found a candidate that promises to act. So far, so good. Now, if the fucking assholes would allow him to do what he wants to get done we're going to a prosperity boom in this country that we haven't seen in 60+ years.
He's the biggest fake and liar to ever come down the pike. His crocodile tears and angst over the latest nerve gas attack on Syrians by Assad were a fucking joke. This shit has been going on since he wad elected and well before. Where was his outrage in August after a much worse attack? He's going to launch a military op after tweet after tweet to Obama saying don't go in, can't win, black hole, etc? He didn't have the balls then and he doesn't have the balls now to call out his lover Putin and tell him to cease and desist. The man is lower than a leech. Makes me wonder what that makes the people that adore him.

toolguru

Total Tool
9andaWiggle makes some valid points and offers some food for thought ... BUT I tend to agree more with Greg's comments. Unlike virtually all politicians, Trump was willing to tell it like it is (and to hell with political correctness).
Really? Then you must love John McCain, right?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GUESS HE GREW A PAIR PRETTY QUICK. BOOM!!! GUESS TG WONT BE BACK ANYTIME SOON.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
He's the biggest fake and liar to ever come down the pike. His crocodile tears and angst over the latest nerve gas attack on Syrians by Assad were a fucking joke. This shit has been going on since he wad elected and well before. Where was his outrage in August after a much worse attack? He's going to launch a military op after tweet after tweet to Obama saying don't go in, can't win, black hole, etc? He didn't have the balls then and he doesn't have the balls now to call out his lover Putin and tell him to cease and desist. The man is lower than a leech. Makes me wonder what that makes the people that adore him.
I guess you missed the part where is actually acted, instead of acting like OBam Bam.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
I don't think you have a clue as to what goes on in the real world
Neither do you, and before you spout off like normal I know what I'm talking about. I'm have been in the Pentagon, I have had Top Secret clearance in my life, I have been in the shit, I was in the military, how bout you.

toolguru

Total Tool
I could care less that you were in the military. The draft ended the year I turn 18. When my buddy and me went to sign up for the draft we were told you don't have to anymore so we didn't. My post was meant for wamo who said TG won't be back for a while.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NO SIR, WHATS CORNEY IS NO MATER WHAT TRUMP DOES, YOU WILL STILL SPEW NEGATIVITY. HE HAS NOW DONE SOMETHING YOU SAID HE WOULD NEVER HAVE THE BALLS TO DO. YOU MISSED THAT CALL, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOUR RIGHT ABOUT ANY OF THE OTHER STUFF? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT, NICE TRY. AND WE ALL LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD, NOT TG-LAND.