Is This a Cold Day in Hell?

Good Times Good Times

Ivanka Trump‏Verified account @IvankaTrump

.@POTUS & @WhiteHouse support the bipartisan #FIRSTSTEPAct up for vote today. This bill will offer nonviolent prisoners the education & skills training they need to successfully reintegrate into society & stay out of prison. Let’s work to sign this bill into law! #PrisonReform

Ok, here is something Trump supports that I can get behind. Helping released prisoners to reintegrate in society is hugely important and Democrat who votes this down simply because they hate Trump should be ashamed. While I don't think it really does "enough", I don't think that's a reason to vote against it at this time.

You can't accuse me of being a partisan hack boys.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Watch out! The libs will label you a "Trumptard"! :Biggrin: :Roflmao:

A lot of people can and do learn from their mistakes, so for non-violent offenders I'm all for helping them return as productive members of society. :Thumbsup:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I like this, but actually, it has been done. Many years ago they used to have machine shops, wood working shops, crafts and ceramics shops, etc. where the inmates could learn a trade, build things and sell them at the prison craft shop. We had one here at Marquette prison just an hour from me. Why it closed is anyone's guess, but I would venture to say it was lack of funding for the supplies, stock and tooling needed. Could also be the inmates were making guns and knives....