Is this democracy?

REVerse °

Addicted Member
bb I have never agreed with the power given to the Senate or House majority leaders. It sucks out the wazoo. One person being able to sit on proposals and never bring it up for a vote is flat out wrong.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
bb I have never agreed with the power given to the Senate or House majority leaders. It sucks out the wazoo. One person being able to sit on proposals and never bring it up for a vote is flat out wrong.
... and it seemed as if McConnell was bragging about it the other day.

bbfreeburn

Dear bbfreeburn:

By the way, how can SENATE Majority Leader Mitch McConnell prevent a vote in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES?
He cannot, but the fact that he can in the senate is wrong. And it is a SENATE Committee that is prepared to advance a bill protecting Mueller. My original post was incorrect in saying House rather than Senate. I was so pissed at the notion that I wasn't thinking clearly.

As to Harry Reid, I don't recall that I ever stated anything here about him. But I do recall conversations with friend in which we considered if he was the most corrupt sitting senator.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As to Harry Reid, I don't recall that I ever stated anything here about him. But I do recall conversations with friend in which we considered if he was the most corrupt sitting senator.
Dear bbfreeburn:

You didn't have to post anything here. And I simply asked if you "voiced similar opinions and/or complaints" when Reid was in office, and you implied that you did. In that case, good for you.

bbfreeburn

Dear bbfreeburn:

You didn't have to post anything here. And I simply asked if you "voiced similar opinions and/or complaints" when Reid was in office, and you implied that you did. In that case, good for you.
From the very first Reid seemed, hmm how do I say this? Off. The more I heard about him the less I liked him. He seemed like the typical smarmy Washington swamp critter.