Legit Question

Good Times Good Times

Today Sarah Sanders refused to explain how the president could tell Fox (in an interview on WH grounds today) that he learned of the payments to women afterwards when there's audio tape of him discussing one payment beforehand. She just retreats to talking points.

What do you think the actual answer to that discrepancy is?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Today Sarah Sanders refused to explain how the president could tell Fox (in an interview on WH grounds today) that he learned of the payments to women afterwards when there's audio tape of him discussing one payment beforehand. She just retreats to talking points.

What do you think the actual answer to that discrepancy is?
My actual attitude is....Who gives a rat's ass who he fucked or who he paid 10 years ago? Had nothing to do with his campaign or the presidency. I'd be more concerned about what he's done DURING his presidency. You know, like Slick willie and the cigar incidents, daily deposits into the Blue Dress bank, and maybe Obama's gun running to the Mexican drug cartel. But that's just me.

Good Times Good Times

Well, he's giving me conflicting answers during his presidency. I don't care about who he fucked, I am off-put by his conflicting stories and no one answering for it (or spinning). Trump says he didn’t learn of the hush money payments until after they had been made, despite Michael Cohen releasing audio from 2016 in which Trump can be heard discussing a potential payment. Trump even verified the tape, tweeting, “what kind of a lawyer would tape a client?”

Why is Trump telling me he didn't learn of the payments until after they'd been made when there's evidence (he validates by asking about the lawyer taping it" to the contrary.

So again, I don't care who he fucked, but I do care about being (bold-faced) lied to now and if there were campaign finance violations.

I'm not being unfair here, I'm seeking to understand WHY I'm being lied to by them.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well, he's giving me conflicting answers during his presidency. I don't care about who he fucked, I am off-put by his conflicting stories and no one answering for it (or spinning). Trump says he didn’t learn of the hush money payments until after they had been made, despite Michael Cohen releasing audio from 2016 in which Trump can be heard discussing a potential payment. Trump even verified the tape, tweeting, “what kind of a lawyer would tape a client?”

Why is Trump telling me he didn't learn of the payments until after they'd been made when there's evidence (he validates by asking about the lawyer taping it" to the contrary.

So again, I don't care who he fucked, but I do care about being (bold-faced) lied to now and if there were campaign finance violations.

I'm not being unfair here, I'm seeking to understand WHY I'm being lied to by them.
Yeah, a bit unfair. Did you scrutinize Slick Willie when he swore before a grand jury that he did not have sexual relations with that woman, when DNA testing showed the stains were his? Did you scrutinize Bam Bam when he promised EVERYONE would save $2500.00 on their health care and that if you liked your doctor and insurance you could keep them? Did you question, well, EVERYTHING Killary said about.....EVERYTHING? Yeah, I think you're being a bit unfair since this entire ordeal has nothing to do with Trump's presidency/performance since the election. I don't care if his story twists from one day to the next about something that is not relevant. Besides, this is a Russian collusion investigation. So far, Mueller has found absolutely NOTHING in that regard. Now, if a few billion show up in his "foundation" and suddenly Ethiopia has nuke capabilities, I'm gonna question it.

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Now, if a few billion show up in his "foundation" and suddenly Ethiopia has nuke capabilities, I'm gonna question it.
I thought the Clinton's already set precedent that this is OK?

Or is that the point and I am just too asleep this morning to get it? :Sleep:

Good Times Good Times

That's about the response I expected. Just cannot directly address the question in the OP. The question was not if you cared, the question was the question (what is the actual answer to the discrepancy).

-I was in high school when the Clinton stuff happened, I wasn't in the slightest concerned about politics when I had a game on Friday night
-I've criticized Obama a lot (namely the surge)
-I didn't vote for Hillary and I've never advocated for her.

That addresses the whataboutism.

But Trump's story does twist often. It's something not relevant to you but when the President is blatantly lying about something it makes me wonder what else he's lying about.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Trump flips on everything. I'm not sure if it's a noted medical condition with a name, or a strategy he uses as a distraction from things he's geniunely working on.

He throws so much shit out there, and the problem is, the media falls for it and runs with every little thing that he lobs them.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That's about the response I expected. Just cannot directly address the question in the OP. The question was not if you cared, the question was the question (what is the actual answer to the discrepancy).

-I was in high school when the Clinton stuff happened, I wasn't in the slightest concerned about politics when I had a game on Friday night
-I've criticized Obama a lot (namely the surge)
-I didn't vote for Hillary and I've never advocated for her.

That addresses the whataboutism.

But Trump's story does twist often. It's something not relevant to you but when the President is blatantly lying about something it makes me wonder what else he's lying about.
… but by the same token, regarding Michael Cohen's lies, do you wonder what else HE'S lying about?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Trump flips on everything. I'm not sure if it's a noted medical condition with a name, or a strategy he uses as a distraction from things he's geniunely working on.

He throws so much shit out there, and the problem is, the media falls for it and runs with every little thing that he lobs them.
… but the lamestream media NEVER "ran with" the many negative things that Barack Hussein Obama (and other Democrat politicians) did.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I thought you watched Fox News constantly, they're a mainstream media source and they covered everything Obama all day every day.
Dear GTGT:

Of course, I watch Fox News a lot, but I never heard them bring on panelists that called for impeachment or ridiculed (and attacked) Barack Hussein Obama of his family on a PERSONAL basis.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION GT. BUT IM NOT SURE ITS FAIR OF YOU TO ASK "WHY" WHEN THE PRECEDENT HAS BEEN SET YEARS AGO, THAT ITS OK TO LIE IN POLITICS, NO MATER WHO OR WHAT THE QUESTION IS. WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "WHY" DID SOANDSO LIE, ITS ALL FAIR GAME. THEY ALL LIE, ITS JUST EASIER TO "BUG" CONVERSATIONS TODAY THAN IN THE PAST. AS FAR AS COHEN TAPING TRUMP, NOW THAT WE KNOW THAT, MUELLER SHOULD DEMAND ANY AND ALL TAPES OF EVERY CLIENT COHEN HAS. IF ITS OK FOR TRUMP, ITS OK FOR ALL!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION GT. BUT IM NOT SURE ITS FAIR OF YOU TO ASK "WHY" WHEN THE PRECEDENT HAS BEEN SET YEARS AGO, THAT ITS OK TO LIE IN POLITICS, NO MATER WHO OR WHAT THE QUESTION IS. WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "WHY" DID SOANDSO LIE, ITS ALL FAIR GAME. THEY ALL LIE, ITS JUST EASIER TO "BUG" CONVERSATIONS TODAY THAN IN THE PAST. AS FAR AS COHEN TAPING TRUMP, NOW THAT WE KNOW THAT, MUELLER SHOULD DEMAND ANY AND ALL TAPES OF EVERY CLIENT COHEN HAS. IF ITS OK FOR TRUMP, ITS OK FOR ALL!
The right screams about the lefties' lies and the left scream about the righties' lies. Nothing will change and they are both right.

Good Times Good Times

The problem is........all of this ^^^^^, to you, actually makes sense.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF HE WERE TO PUT EVERY POLITICIAN IN DC ON THE STAND, HE WOULD FIND SOMETHING ILLEGAL WITH EVERY ONE OF THEM. BUT STILL NO RUSSIA COLLUSION. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CAN GET SO FAR OFF BASE WITH WHAT IS TAKING PLACE AND STILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE.