Mini-editorial: Important news ignored as 'sex-capades' reported

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
What is the latest on the Las Vegas shootings? What is crazy Kim Jong-un up to, and what real dangers does he pose? What's happening on our southern border? Has the NFL kneeling story finally petered out? Where is ISIS, and what is it up to? Has patient care improved in the Veterans Affairs system?

These are just a few of the "unfinished" stories that have fallen off the radar in the lamestream media and elsewhere. Instead we are all too often subjected to lurid and salacious stories about the sex-capades of the rich and powerful.

With regard to many such situations, there is much bluster and few consequences, especially for many of those, such as Bill Clinton, who have a different set of "rules and standards" applied to them, as compared to many common Americans. Indeed. some of the accused feel entitled and privileged, even though they live their lives in a manner that differs greatly from ideal role models. And much of the reporting on such subjects is accompanied by extreme bias.

They may never get it, but Americans hope for a time when the primary news focuses on what is real and relevant, rather than ongoing headline-grabbing sensationalism.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Bill, if you go back to the post I made about each president having his crises, you'll instantly grasp what I was saying. ISIS, mass shootings, 9/11, etc. are all government fabricated incidents to keep the turmoil going and the people afraid. When people are in fear they will willfully give up liberties if they think the government can make them feel safer. As I stated earlier, Kennedy had Nam, LBJ strung Nam out to keep the money flowing, Carter had Iran, Reagan had Iran and Russia, Clinton had Bosnia and portions of the Mid East, GHWB had Kuwait, GWB had 9/11 and Afghanistan, Bam Bam had Iraq, Iran and ISIS, and Trump has NK and Iran. It will never stop because the economy swells when there is conflict and war, and the people will gladly give up freedoms for safety. All the mass shootings are created to instill fear and will now be a regular part of every admin.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Man, the next time I go to another country I'm gonna have to find some locals and ask if their country is as fucked up as the US is.

We went to Greece last summer, and I had some aquaintances there that I could have discusssed it with, but being on vaca and just meeting them (family of a friend here in the states) nobody brought up politics.

Went to India 8 years ago, but being the first time I traveled outside the states I was basically a wide eyed idiot in culture shock stumbling around trying to take it all in.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WITH ALL THE NORTH KOREA TESTING AND THREATS, HAS ANYONE PUT THOUGHT INTO WHERE THE WINTER OPLYMPICS ARE IN 2018?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WITH ALL THE NORTH KOREA TESTING AND THREATS, HAS ANYONE PUT THOUGHT INTO WHERE THE WINTER OPLYMPICS ARE IN 2018?
Dear WAMO:

The Winter Olympics are only likely to get much news play unless key promoters and organizers are alleged with sexual harassment, groping or rape.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
UNLESS THE LITTLE DICK-TATOR TO THE NORTH DECIDES TO DO SOMETHING STUPID.
Don't you hear what I'm saying? It doesn't matter. This is Trump's crisis. It was designed long before he took office and it will keep the people in fear. One more way for the people to willingly surrender more freedoms.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Don't you hear what I'm saying? It doesn't matter. This is Trump's crisis. It was designed long before he took office and it will keep the people in fear. One more way for the people to willingly surrender more freedoms.
... and unfortunately, you are correct.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE PROBLEM IS G EVERYONE IN THE OTHER COUNTRIES, OF THE CONFLICTS YOU MENTIONED, HAD A HAND IN WHAT TOOK PLACE. SO YOUR SAYING THE WORLD, EVEN THE COMMIES, WANT AMERICA TO PROSPER?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
THE PROBLEM IS G EVERYONE IN THE OTHER COUNTRIES, OF THE CONFLICTS YOU MENTIONED, HAD A HAND IN WHAT TOOK PLACE. SO YOUR SAYING THE WORLD, EVEN THE COMMIES, WANT AMERICA TO PROSPER?
We're not talking about prosperity. These are crises to keep the masses in fear. I listed them for you and I'm sure I even forgot a few.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHAT YOUR SAYING IS, IF OUR GOVERNMENT STOPS FABRICATING FEAR, WE ARE SAFE FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD? RIGHT? OR AM I NOT GETTING IT? :confused:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WHAT YOUR SAYING IS, IF OUR GOVERNMENT STOPS FABRICATING FEAR, WE ARE SAFE FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD? RIGHT? OR AM I NOT GETTING IT? :confused:
I'm saying watch the docu called "jfk to 911 - the rich man's trick".