Mini-editorial: Our immigration laws must be enforced and obeyed

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws, and those laws must be enforced and obeyed.

As a so-called caravan of more than 7,500 Central American migrants makes its way through Mexico toward the U.S. border, it’s becoming more clear and emphatic that our immigration laws must be tightened and enforced.

Failure to enforce the law will only encourage more immigrants to enter the U.S. illegally, and that's totally unfair to the many immigrants who attempt to play by the rules and wait in line to become citizens.

It's time to pass and enforce legislation that secures the border and keeps our country safe, and such measures include:

• Funding and building the border wall
• Abolishing the ridiculous "diversity lottery"

• Cutting funding for sanctuary cities and states
• Putting an end to "chain migration"
• Tightening the asylum process
• Massive foreign aid cuts to countries such as Honduras and Guatemala
• Passing "Kate's Law" in Congress

• adopting an E-Verify system

It's long past time for politicians on both sides of the aisle to get serious about the problems regarding illegal immigration.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws, and those laws must be enforced and obeyed.

As a so-called caravan of more than 7,500 Central American migrants makes its way through Mexico toward the U.S. border, it’s becoming more clear and emphatic that our immigration laws must be tightened and enforced.

Failure to enforce the law will only encourage more immigrants to enter the U.S. illegally, and that's totally unfair to the many immigrants who attempt to play by the rules and wait in line to become citizens.

It's time to pass and enforce legislation that secures the border and keeps our country safe, and such measures include:

• Funding and building the border wall
• Abolishing the ridiculous "diversity lottery"

• Cutting funding for sanctuary cities and states
• Putting an end to "chain migration"
• Tightening the asylum process
• Massive foreign aid cuts to countries such as Honduras and Guatemala
• Passing "Kate's Law" in Congress

• adopting an E-Verify system

It's long past time for politicians on both sides of the aisle to get serious about the problems regarding illegal immigration.

I don't believe we ARE a nation of immigrants. I would propose that we are a nation of settlers. The people whom were occupying the area when we arrived had no written/defined boundaries. The various tribes were always at war with each other for land grabs as they looked for areas with more food and shelter. One tribe would wipe out another without second thought if they wanted their home. We settled here, and were actually quite hospitable and generous when offering food, supplies, weapons and such to the people. We didn't have to. We could have conquered and completely destroyed them. Now that we actually have a country with borders and laws, WE decide who gets in and how they act when they are here.

Good Times Good Times

I don't believe we ARE a nation of immigrants. I would propose that we are a nation of settlers. The people whom were occupying the area when we arrived had no written/defined boundaries. The various tribes were always at war with each other for land grabs as they looked for areas with more food and shelter. One tribe would wipe out another without second thought if they wanted their home. We settled here, and were actually quite hospitable and generous when offering food, supplies, weapons and such to the people. We didn't have to. We could have conquered and completely destroyed them. Now that we actually have a country with borders and laws, WE decide who gets in and how they act when they are here.
Exactly. That whole "trail of tears" thing was a hoax, we were so nice to many many wonderful tribes

There were also a TON of nice slave owners......stupid to abolish the whole institution. I mean, after all, we ARE a pro-property country.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Exactly. That whole "trail of tears" thing was a hoax, we were so nice to many many wonderful tribes

There were also a TON of nice slave owners......stupid to abolish the whole institution. I mean, after all, we ARE a pro-property country.
You missed the entire point, GT. As I said, we could have come here and slaughtered everyone. We didn't. You've been paying too much attention to the history books in the public school system. We befriended many tribes, supplied them with arms, ammo, food, clothing, etc. to assist them with defeating their tribal enemies. We made an attempt to integrate and coexist with them. Some embraced our society and some did not. Those who chose to fight/kill us were dealt with accordingly. The settlers did not come here with a commitment to kill the existing peoples. They came here to make new lives. A new start. A new country away from the oppression of the king. Now, as for the slaves, they have their own race to blame. Africans were rounding up and capturing their own to sell for profit or trade for goods. And don't forget, the slave owners were democrats. Just thought I'd throw that tid bit in.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You missed the entire point, GT. As I said, we could have come here and slaughtered everyone. We didn't. You've been paying too much attention to the history books in the public school system. We befriended many tribes, supplied them with arms, ammo, food, clothing, etc. to assist them with defeating their tribal enemies. We made an attempt to integrate and coexist with them. Some embraced our society and some did not. Those who chose to fight/kill us were dealt with accordingly. The settlers did not come here with a commitment to kill the existing peoples. They came here to make new lives. A new start. A new country away from the oppression of the king. Now, as for the slaves, they have their own race to blame. Africans were rounding up and capturing their own to sell for profit or trade for goods. And don't forget, the slave owners were democrats. Just thought I'd throw that tid bit in.
Dear Greg T:

Valid points, all.