Mini-editorial: U.S. society threatened by the infighting

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Respect for the office of president and the person who presently occupies that once-revered office is on track to be totally eroded, and the entire nation is threatened as a result of the political infighting in Washington and throughout the U.S.

It all began with street protests after Trump's election, and it has culminated in yet another investigation into alleged obstruction of justice -- a witch hunt in search of a crime.

As of today, no crimes have been committed; rather, there are only allegations irresponsibly driven by those who remain tormented by the election results, and the lamestream media and liberals -- including "snowflakes" -- are hell-bent on "inventing" some unfair advantage(s) employed by Trump and the GOP to assuage their own political pain and embarrassment.

An alleged memo written by fired FBY director James Comey in February suddenly "appears" and the political world is turned upside down. The Democrats have achieved a desired effect: total distraction to hamper any progress the president attempts to accomplish with regard to his agenda.

No matter whether the Republicans or Democrats are in control, the opposition party stops at nothing to obstruct by throwing political "monkey wrenches" with a net result that important things -- such as achieving tax reform, controlling immigration, dealing with ISIS and North Korea, and fixing health care -- remain unattended.

As a result, we have become a nation of whiners and reactionaries and hate mongers who strive to create chaos. Meanwhile, the same lamestream media that now promotes obstruction and impeachment covered up each and every Obama scandal for eight years. In the meantime, is anyone ever going to look into Hillary's uranium deal and the Clinton Foundation?

livespive

"No matter whether the Republicans or Democrats are in control, the opposition party stops at nothing to obstruct by throwing political "monkey wrenches" with a net result that important things -- such as achieving tax reform, controlling immigration, dealing with ISIS and North Korea, and fixing health care -- remain unattended."

True statement, but this has been going on way before Trump, even back before Obama. Back in the day it was just kept behind closed doors. Now thanks to the media, everything is seen. Even protestors back in the day were not covered as much.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear livespive:

What you say is true ... BUT as I pointed out, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW. You said it yourself: The lamestream media is exacerbating the situation. And as you certainly know, the protests, violence, unsubstantiated claims and constant media criticism (and more) weren't anything near the current level when Barack Hussein Obama was in office.

Last edited:

livespive

There is the Dear I was looking for ;)

You are correct, but I was mainly talking about the constant erosion (or interference) of the media.
You must also look at the flip side, both sides had protestors.

[QUOTE="livespive, post: 30193, member: 285]
True statement, but this has been going on way before Trump, even back before Obama. Back in the day it was just kept behind closed doors. Now thanks to the media, everything is seen. Even protestors back in the day were not covered as much.
Dear livespive:

What you say is true ... BUT as I pointed out, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW. You said it yourself: The lamestream media is exacerbating the situation. And as you certainly know, the protests, violence, unsubstantiated claims and constant media criticism (and more) weren't anything near the current level when Barack Hussein Obama was in office.
[/QUOTE]

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the media is in on the deal with both the Reps and Dems. Divide and conquer. The Reps and Dems can't reach "The People" in a manner that would turn us against one another... but the media can. And is. There's plenty of evidence backing my theory all over the internet.

On edit: Who knows what they're really doing. All I know is, they have apent a lot of time and money to effectively pit us against each other, and the focus has been exquisitely redirected away from whatever it is they don't want us to see (full tin foil hat mode on). The constant barrage of BS... They're hiding something HUGE, and once again to quote JLS, "we'll be screwed." Big time.

Last edited:

livespive

They are.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the media is in on the deal with both the Reps and Dems. Divide and conquer. The Reps and Dems can't reach "The People" in a manner that would turn us against one another... but the media can. And is. There's plenty of evidence backing my theory all over the internet.

On edit: Who knows what they're really doing. All I know is, they have apent a lot of time and money to effectively pit us against each other, and the focus has been exquisitely redirected away from whatever it is they don't want us to see (full tin foil hat mode on). The constant barrage of BS... They're hiding something HUGE, and once again to quote JLS, "we'll be screwed." Big time.