Minors and transgender treatments

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
So I'm curious on this one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trandgender-boy-17-forced-wrestle-females-article-1.2981220

At age 17, our society deems the individual too young/immature to take part in such things as voting, smoking, drinking beer, being tried as an adult in crimes, and probably some other restrictions not immediately on my mind. Yet we deem them capable of choosing to undergo treatments to chemically and physically change their gender?

I'll admit ignorance on my part about transgender people - I have never personally met (that I know of) anyone who is transgender. But on the surface, this seems to be a life decision that is much more impactful than say, purchasing smokes or beer. Yet nobody has a problem with it? Seems this is an area where getting through puberty and all that hormonal craziness and waiting for adulthood to make this kind of decision would be prudent. Or am I off target here?

Kid wants to have a beer with dad while out fishing, and it's "FUCK NO! THAT'S BAD". Kid wants to take drugs to grow breasts and lop off his pecker (or in the case of the article, shrink the breasts and grow a pecker) and nobody bats an eye. What a crazy world we live in.

livespive

That is kind of what I am thinking.....

But then the thing is what if the parent is wrong, and the kid is right?

Almost like looking at it the opposite way saying that the parents want to snip little Johnny and change him because he looks a little like a girl, but he doesn't want to....

Once the parents snip him, it takes a lot to put it back.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Excuse me, mothah. Mothah? I'm not feeling extremely manly today. Would you mind turning my pee pee inside out?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THIS WAS THE KID I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN ANOTHER THREAD. IN THIS INSTANCE IT IS TAKING STEROIDS TO HELP WITH THE "TRANSITION". WHICH, ADD STRENGTH AND INDURANCE. PARENTS ARNT BLAMING THE KID, THEY ARE BLAMMING UIL RULES. IF THEY ALLOW THE KID TO MOVE TO THE BOYS DIVISION, IT CAN NO LONGER TAKE THE STEROIDS. AND I TOTALLY AGREE WITH9. NO LIFE ALTERING DECISION LIKE THIS SHOULD BE MADE UNTIL YOUR OF LEGAL AGE. WHATEVER THAT IS DETERMINED TO BE. ITS NOT LIKE A DR TOLD ITS PARENTS THAT IF THE SURGERY WASNT DONE, IT WOULD DIE.