My Farwell

Good Times Good Times

OK guys, well I'll be up front.........it's my time to step-out. I no longer wish to participate in the "discussions"/"debates" here anymore.

I've seen a lot of things that simply are unacceptable to me and quite frankly lack civility, which I see as a major problem fueling division in our country. I'm all for multiple POV's in a debate but I can't read anymore of the conspiracy theory stuff and unadulterated partisanship. It's to the point that A) I'm being trolled (and if so congratulations for "getting" me) AND B) if these are authentic positions, then I no longer wish to be in that company.

Life is too short. I will be signing out at the end of the day for the final time. PM me on BallReviews to say hey sometime.....

Many of you I've conversed with for a long time now. I wish you all nothing but the best.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Conspiracy theories are fun! And sometines there's enough to them to make one go "Hmmmm..." Other times they're just crazy and fun to run with.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I've seen a lot of things that simply are unacceptable to me and quite frankly lack civility, which I see as a major problem fueling division in our country.
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Obviously, lack of civility is a major problem fueling division in the country … but the overall civility in this forum is FAR BETTER than in other Internet discussion forums, and FAR BETTER than on Facebook and in comments discussed on certain cable TV outlets.

However, even though we have differing viewpoints on a number of subjects, I certainly respect your viewpoints and your right to express them.

Best of luck, and kind personal regards, whether or not you choose to leave the forum, either temporarily or permanently.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HATE TO SEE YOU GO GT. COME BACK ANYTIME YOU CHOOSE.
AND CIVILITY? I REMEMBER BEING CALLED NAMES BY YOU ON MORE THAN 1 OCCASION BECAUSE WE DIDNT AGREE ON SOMETHING. BUT, GOOD LUCK BROTHA!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
HATE TO SEE YOU GO GT. COME BACK ANYTIME YOU CHOOSE.
AND CIVILITY? I REMEMBER BEING CALLED NAMES BY YOU ON MORE THAN 1 OCCASION BECAUSE WE DIDNT AGREE ON SOMETHING. BUT, GOOD LUCK BROTHA!
I've also been called names (and been personally attacked) by GTGT on a number of occasions, BUT ALL BUT ONE OF THOSE TIMES WERE IN OTHER FORUMS, which provides further indication that this forum is far more "civil" than others, primarily because of good moderation.

But again, I wish GTGT the very best, whether or not he returns to the forum.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
… but the lamestream media will continue to prop them up.
Well, that's their job. It's what they do. Sooner or later there will be discourse among the media outlets and the party. The democrat party is on it's last legs and it's only chance of survival is via total reconstruction. As this takes place there will be nothing guiding the news media and I believe they will begin to choose sides within the party. Should be interesting to watch this unfold.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Now now boys this is supposed to be a farewell party
Dear livespive:

Indeed, it is, but the "farewell" is apparently because of a lack of civility with regard to discussions about PARTIES -- specifically the Democrat and Republican PARTIES.

Then again, that's the apparent reason that GTGT no longer wants to take part -- but perhaps, he'll change his mind sometime in the future.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
' Tis strange - but true; for truth is always strange;
Stranger than fiction; if it could be told,
How much would novels gain by the exchange!
How differently the world would men behold!
How oft would vice and virtue places change!
The new world would be nothing to the old,
If some Columbus of the moral seas
Would show mankind their souls' antipodes.

- Lord Byron 1823

Godspeed GTGT
Donnie aka REV :Thumbsup: