Patriotism

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Sorry, been gone for a while......

SO then what do you do, just sit there and take it?????

The protesting is done in an attempt to try and get to the talking. That is the problem.
The other side never wants to talk.
As I said, protest all you want, but not on the employers' dime. Once those guys walk into that stadium they are on the clock, and pretty much at the mercy of the employer. Is YOUR employer gonna allow you to protest while you work? They can protest after their work is done, before their work starts and the entire off-season.

livespive

Doesn't matter, IF that is the case then don't play the anthem at my job...

If I am protesting against something and it is at my job, then I can protest.
If my stance is to protest every time I hear the anthem, then that is what I have to do.

As I said, protest all you want, but not on the employers' dime. Once those guys walk into that stadium they are on the clock, and pretty much at the mercy of the employer. Is YOUR employer gonna allow you to protest while you work? They can protest after their work is done, before their work starts and the entire off-season.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Doesn't matter, IF that is the case then don't play the anthem at my job...

If I am protesting against something and it is at my job, then I can protest.
If my stance is to protest every time I hear the anthem, then that is what I have to do.
Well, I would say that when you OWN the business you may do as you please. When someone else is paying you, you do as THEY please. If you're not satisfied with the way the owner runs the business you are free to leave and seek employment elsewhere.

livespive

If that is the case then would be no need for EEOC's and all of those other people to keep business owners in Check.

So if THEY feel like walking around and grabbing the female workers by the pussy, then it is ok because it is THEIR company?????

No

Well, I would say that when you OWN the business you may do as you please. When someone else is paying you, you do as THEY please. If you're not satisfied with the way the owner runs the business you are free to leave and seek employment elsewhere.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If that is the case then would be no need for EEOC's and all of those other people to keep business owners in Check.

So if THEY feel like walking around and grabbing the female workers by the pussy, then it is ok because it is THEIR company?????

No
I think a better example is this;

Employees have lost their jobs for posting opinions (sometimes offensive) that are contrary to those of their employer - even when posted on their personal time/platforms. So, where are the "Freedom of Speech/1st Amendment" advocates then? If employers must extend freedom of speech to employees for "just causes", then offensive speech must be protected under the 1st as well, correct?

Either employers have the ability to control/fire employees for speech that brings unwanted attention/scrutiny upon the company, or they must abide by the constitution and allow ALL speech as protected under the 1st amendment. No more firing racists because they say racist things - it's their constitutional right to say it even if nobody wants to hear it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHAT G AND 9 SAID. BOTH MADE GREAT POINTS. GRABBING PUSSY IS FAR OFF BASE FROM WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT PLAYING THE ANTHEM AT THE WORK PLACE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

No
You're comparing apples with oranges. Grabbing snatch is sexual assault and punishable by law.....IF you're not a democrat. Making someone work for their money is expected.

livespive

No, Greg said they boss could do anything they want. Sorry I haven't been around, been on vacation.
You can see what just happened to Mr. Weinstien (SP) as a you can not do as you please.
He is now being booted out of a company that he started.

If the owner can do anything they want we are on slippery slope backwards.
It will only take a matter of time before folks think of such things.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MISSED YOU BEING AROUND LIVE. HOPE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TRIP!
COSBY AND WEINSTEIN ARE NOT THE NORM. LETS SAY AN EMPLOYER CAUGHT AN EMPLOYEE SMOKING DOPE ON A BREAK IN COLORADO AND FIRES HIM. COULD THE EMPLOYEE SUE BECAUSE POT IS LEGAL IN COLORADO?

AND JERRY JONES TELLING HIS TEAM IF THEY KNEEL, THEIR OUT OF THAT GAME WITHOUT PAY. THATS HIS RIGHT. ITS HIS TEAM. HE IS THE BOSS, PERIOD. IF AN OWNER, OF ANY BUSINESS, SETS A STANDARD FOR THEIR COMPANY AND YOU KNOW IT GOING IN, YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR MIND AT A LATER DATE AND NOT EXPECT CONSEQUENCES.

AND AFTER THEIR NFL / OWNER MEETING, GOODELL IS BACKTRACKING SAYING THE INTENT OF THE RULE IS THEY EXPECT PLAYERS TO STAND. BUT THE RULE DOESNT SAY THEY HAVE TO STAND. AND THE NFL IS ADDRESSING A RULES CHANGE TO MAYBE REWORD THAT RULE. BUT EACH OWNER CAN IMPLEMENT ANY "TEAM" RULES THEY CHOOSE. IF A PLAYER DOESNT AGREE, HE CAN MOVE ON. AND EVERY PRO PLAYER HAS A MORALS CLAUSE IN THEIR CONTRACT. IF THE OWNER DEEMS KNEELING AS BEING DETRIMENTAL OR AGAINST TEAM MORALS, YES, THEY CAN BE FIRED.

AND IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY "SLIPPERY SLOPE BACKWARDS"???

livespive

Thanks, didn't do much, bought some beef to put in the freezer for the winter. It was more of a staycation. MY mother was supposed to get her knee worked on, but it got rescheduled so I enjoyed the days off.

As far as the pot thing, I am sure that is being discussed now as far as medical goes.

As far as going backwards, I meant going back to the start of unions, meaning that that the bosses
running things the way they want and causing issues.

See but it comes down to this if you want to talk about jobs.... Trump's job is not to police
the NFL, if anything it would be to police the police. Everything that you are saying about an employee applies to Trump.

MISSED YOU BEING AROUND LIVE. HOPE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TRIP!
COSBY AND WEINSTEIN ARE NOT THE NORM. LETS SAY AN EMPLOYER CAUGHT AN EMPLOYEE SMOKING DOPE ON A BREAK IN COLORADO AND FIRES HIM. COULD THE EMPLOYEE SUE BECAUSE POT IS LEGAL IN COLORADO?

AND JERRY JONES TELLING HIS TEAM IF THEY KNEEL, THEIR OUT OF THAT GAME WITHOUT PAY. THATS HIS RIGHT. ITS HIS TEAM. HE IS THE BOSS, PERIOD. IF AN OWNER, OF ANY BUSINESS, SETS A STANDARD FOR THEIR COMPANY AND YOU KNOW IT GOING IN, YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR MIND AT A LATER DATE AND NOT EXPECT CONSEQUENCES.

AND AFTER THEIR NFL / OWNER MEETING, GOODELL IS BACKTRACKING SAYING THE INTENT OF THE RULE IS THEY EXPECT PLAYERS TO STAND. BUT THE RULE DOESNT SAY THEY HAVE TO STAND. AND THE NFL IS ADDRESSING A RULES CHANGE TO MAYBE REWORD THAT RULE. BUT EACH OWNER CAN IMPLEMENT ANY "TEAM" RULES THEY CHOOSE. IF A PLAYER DOESNT AGREE, HE CAN MOVE ON. AND EVERY PRO PLAYER HAS A MORALS CLAUSE IN THEIR CONTRACT. IF THE OWNER DEEMS KNEELING AS BEING DETRIMENTAL OR AGAINST TEAM MORALS, YES, THEY CAN BE FIRED.

AND IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY "SLIPPERY SLOPE BACKWARDS"???

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR MOM WHEN IT HAPPENS.

I DONT BELIEVE IN UNIONS, SO I THINK THE UNIONS CAUSE THE PROBLEMS.

AS FAR AS TRUMP GOES, HE CAN OFFER AN OPIINION ABOUT ANYTHING. JUST AS YOU AND I CAN. AND AFTER HE SPOKE OUT, THINGS HAVE HAPPENED. SPONSERS STARTED PULLING OUT. TV VIEWING "HAS" DROPPED. TV CREWS ARE NOT GOING TO SHOW THE ANTHEM. THE NFL AND OWNERS ARE MEETING ABOUT A SOLUTION. SEEMS LIKE TRUMP GOT THE BALL ROLLING TO ME.

TRUMP IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF NOT COMMANDER OF POLICE. BUT HE HELPED THE NFL GET MOVING, MAYBE HE SHOULD TRY DOING THE SAME WITH THE POLICE, BLACK LIVES MATER, BLACK PANTHERS, KKK AND SO ON. AFTER ALL, HE IS THA MAN! :Biggrin:

livespive

Yes he can offer his opinion, but just as you all have said when it gets in the way of work, then there is a problem.
He is not commander of the police, but he does have something to do with agency that looks over them.

The way unions are now yes, I totally agree, but when unions first started yes they were needed because bosses were
going to far.

"TRUMP IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF NOT COMMANDER OF POLICE. BUT HE HELPED THE NFL GET MOVING, MAYBE HE SHOULD TRY DOING THE SAME WITH THE POLICE, BLACK LIVES MATER, BLACK PANTHERS, KKK AND SO ON. AFTER ALL, HE IS THA MAN!"

If Trump can get all of the groups (or at least the extreme portions of them) to calm down,
then get them all to talk I'll put a picture of him right above the fireplace :)

HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR MOM WHEN IT HAPPENS.

I DONT BELIEVE IN UNIONS, SO I THINK THE UNIONS CAUSE THE PROBLEMS.

AS FAR AS TRUMP GOES, HE CAN OFFER AN OPIINION ABOUT ANYTHING. JUST AS YOU AND I CAN. AND AFTER HE SPOKE OUT, THINGS HAVE HAPPENED. SPONSERS STARTED PULLING OUT. TV VIEWING "HAS" DROPPED. TV CREWS ARE NOT GOING TO SHOW THE ANTHEM. THE NFL AND OWNERS ARE MEETING ABOUT A SOLUTION. SEEMS LIKE TRUMP GOT THE BALL ROLLING TO ME.

TRUMP IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF NOT COMMANDER OF POLICE. BUT HE HELPED THE NFL GET MOVING, MAYBE HE SHOULD TRY DOING THE SAME WITH THE POLICE, BLACK LIVES MATER, BLACK PANTHERS, KKK AND SO ON. AFTER ALL, HE IS THA MAN! :Biggrin:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
TRUMP ALSO HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AGENCIES THAT OVERSEE EMPLOYEE WORKPLACE ISSUES. NFL EMPLOYEES AND PLAYERS INCLUDED. SO IT IS HARD TO IMAGINE HE HAS SAY IN ONE FACTOR BUT NOT ANOTHER.

livespive

Funny, I heard one of the owners said that Trump might be jealous because he tried to buy the Buffalo Bills I think it was, and was rejected.
The guy is/was/still is a Trump supporter that gave big bucks, so it just makes you wonder.

TRUMP ALSO HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AGENCIES THAT OVERSEE EMPLOYEE WORKPLACE ISSUES. NFL EMPLOYEES AND PLAYERS INCLUDED. SO IT IS HARD TO IMAGINE HE HAS SAY IN ONE FACTOR BUT NOT ANOTHER.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'll interject that the NFL didn't seem all that concerned until Trump started calling out how much taxpayer money is wasted on the NFL... that's when everybody's hair caught fire and they started Harrumphing about how to quiet the kneeling controversy and protect their phoney-baloney jobs!

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I'll interject that the NFL didn't seem all that concerned until Trump started calling out how much taxpayer money is wasted on the NFL... that's when everybody's hair caught fire and they started Harrumphing about how to quiet the kneeling controversy and protect their phoney-baloney jobs!

NFL OWNERS MEETING

Last edited: