RIP Tom Petty

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Man, this week is not starting out well at all! First the Vegas tragedy, now Tom. :Frown:

They used to have a jukebox in the bowling alley I worked at in college. Seemed like Mary Jane's Last Dance was always on at least once per league. Any time I hear that song it takes me back there...

That bowling alley and the owners I worked for are long gone. Some good memories there (I met my wife in that bowling alley. She was dating one of the guys on my team at the time... :cool:)

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I HAD NOT HEARD THAT HE PASSED, BUT THAT THEY HAD TAKEN HIM OFF LIFE SUPPORT. MASSIVE CORONARY IS WHAT I HEARD. IF HE IS GONE, RIP INDEED. LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC ALL THE TIME. I THINK HE WAS WAY BETTER THAN MOST PEOPLE THINK.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yeah, I guess somebody reported it without verifying. No official word. If he can come out of it and have good quality of life, then I hope he makes it.

stc067

Damn shame. I wanted to go see him at Wrigley field this past June, but I had a family event I had to attend.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
So... I don't recall ever seeing the video for "Mary Jane's Last Dance". Have you guys seen it? It's pretty creepy.

Still... RIP Tom. I enjoyed a lot of your songs.