Since We Were Talking About our Country.....

Good Times Good Times

ANYONE YOU KNOW IN THE BUILDING GT? HOPE THEY ARE OK. WISHED ALL WERE OK
3 ended up dying and 2 wounded. I don't know anyone in that building but do know quite a few who work downtown there. Incredibly sad event. :Frown:

I just don't get it......such needless violence.

livespive

Yeah it hit our news up in Columbus. Glad you are ok. They are still trying to figure out why. He had no record just a few parking tickets.

Scolai

Active shooter events rarely make sense to anyone other than the shooter him/herself. We can try to rationalize it all we want, but we will never be able to rationalize the kind of insanity it takes to act in such a violent way against innocent people.

The lunatic shooter had his reasons; we just don't understand what they were. We are too morally advanced for that level of thinking.

livespive

Sometimes people just snap. He could have been trying to deal with that bank for something that he really needed and the loan manager was nasty with him. Sometimes if you are one the last straw that might break it.

Not justifying what he did but like you said looking into the mind of the shooter.

Active shooter events rarely make sense to anyone other than the shooter him/herself. We can try to rationalize it all we want, but we will never be able to rationalize the kind of insanity it takes to act in such a violent way against innocent people.

The lunatic shooter had his reasons; we just don't understand what they were. We are too morally advanced for that level of thinking.

Scolai

According to reports, he didn't have any business with the bank. The attack seems to be random - probably chosen because crowds of people usually congregate in the area.

I watched the lapel cam footage from responding officers. Tense shit, but Mrs. PoPo dropped that fucker like a bad habit - shooting through plate glass to nail him, no less. Makes me wonder what ammo she was carrying in that service weapon...