The elephant in the room; discussion

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HOW ABOUT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO OWN A GUN GOES THROUGH EVERY LEVEL OF TRAINING, EDUCATION, CLASSES AND GUN COURSES POLICE GO THROUGH? SOUNDS LOGICAL. OOPS, NO LOGIC TO GUN OWNERSHIP. SORRY.
WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING REALLY SCARY 9, THAT WAS THE 18th SCHOOL SHOOTING "THIS YEAR"!!!
THERE WERE 2 STUDENTS WHO GOT CAUGHT WITH GUNS IN 2 DIFFERENT SCHOOLS TODAY IN THE DFW AREA.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MIGHT GET READY FOR A BIG ABOUT FACE. TRUMP SAID HE WAS GOING TO WORK ON MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES FOR OBTAINING A GUN. WHEN ASKED ABOUT STIFFER GUN CONTROL LAWS...NO REPLY. ABOUT FACE!!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'll make this extremely simple. When someone comes up with a law that would stop mass shootings I'll listen. Every fucking time there is a shooting the topic turns to guns. The real issue is mental illness and there are a number of reasons we are being plagued with increasing mental illness, which I will not go into. If it were as simple as a law, then simply making Heroine illegal would stop the drug problem, right? So, I want someone right fucking now to tell me WHAT law would stop mass shooters.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HERE YA GO G. EVERY REGISTERED GUN OWNER AND HIS FAMILY MUST GO THRU A MENTAL HEATH CHECK EVERY YEAR, PAID FOR BY SAID GUN OWNER. IF ANY FAMILY MEMBER IS DEEMED MENTALY UNSTABLE, GUNS GO AWAY.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HERE YA GO G. EVERY REGISTERED GUN OWNER AND HIS FAMILY MUST GO THRU A MENTAL HEATH CHECK EVERY YEAR, PAID FOR BY SAID GUN OWNER. IF ANY FAMILY MEMBER IS DEEMED MENTALY UNSTABLE, GUNS GO AWAY.
First, that is all well and good on paper, but is also a direct infringement on our rights. Our constitution already grants us the right to keep and bear arms, and there are too many infringements on that right already. Secondly, if someone had their gun removed for mental reasons, it takes about 30 minutes to buy one out of Bubba's trunk in the alley. Thirdly, it takes about 10 days to get one off the deep web. And that one will have no serial number, also. So, try again.

livespive

Right, like Greg and 9~ have said, there is just evil in the world and getting rid of guns will not fix it.

I'll make this extremely simple. When someone comes up with a law that would stop mass shootings I'll listen. Every fucking time there is a shooting the topic turns to guns. The real issue is mental illness and there are a number of reasons we are being plagued with increasing mental illness, which I will not go into. If it were as simple as a law, then simply making Heroine illegal would stop the drug problem, right? So, I want someone right fucking now to tell me WHAT law would stop mass shooters.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Right, like Greg and 9~ have said, there is just evil in the world and getting rid of guns will not fix it.
I don't know where the gun grabbers get their ideas. Once again, they stand on the backs of victims and try to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SO THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY LAW THAT WILL BE ACCEPTABLE TO YOU? BECAUSE THAT IDEA SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD STARTING POINT. AND IM SURE PEOPLE SMARTER THAN ME COULD EXPOUND ON THAT AND MODIFY IT TO WORK. AND IF SOMEONE PURCHASES A GUN FROM THOSE OTHER 2 OPTIONS, THEY ARE MENTALY ILL ALSO, AND LAW BREAKERS. MUCH LIKE ILLEGALS ENTERING THE COUNTRY, UM, ILLEGALY. AND CERTAINLY NOT RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS. LOOKS TO ME LIKE GUN OWNER RIGHTS OVERRIDE EVERYONE ELSES RIGHTS, NO MATER WHAT THE COST.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
SO THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY LAW THAT WILL BE ACCEPTABLE TO YOU? BECAUSE THAT IDEA SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD STARTING POINT. AND IM SURE PEOPLE SMARTER THAN ME COULD EXPOUND ON THAT AND MODIFY IT TO WORK. AND IF SOMEONE PURCHASES A GUN FROM THOSE OTHER 2 OPTIONS, THEY ARE MENTALY ILL ALSO, AND LAW BREAKERS. MUCH LIKE ILLEGALS ENTERING THE COUNTRY, UM, ILLEGALY. AND CERTAINLY NOT RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS. LOOKS TO ME LIKE GUN OWNER RIGHTS OVERRIDE EVERYONE ELSES RIGHTS, NO MATER WHAT THE COST.
We HAVE starting points, and we've had plenty of them. There are extensive background checks already, in spite of what the loony left wants you to believe. I've purchased many guns over the years, before and after my CPL, and nearly had to jump thru hoops. Much easier now with my CPL as I still have to have the BG check, I can walk out in 15 minutes with a handgun. Never the less, the constitution doesn't say "right to keep and bear arms IF you're not nuts and don't mind jumping thru hoops". Once again, you're focused on the wrong path. You have to be fucking nuts to walk into a school and kill kids. So why are we not focused on the real problem of mental illness and letting people know the reason for such a sharp increase in cases? What you've just stated, once again, targets the people who are not guilty.

Good Times Good Times

Honestly, it would take a repeal of 2A, which the Congress does constitutionally have the authority to do from a procedural POV. You'd need a Constitutional amendment to make that change, and for that you'd need both 2/3 of Congress and 2/3 of the state governments to sign off on the new amendment. The first is exceedingly unlikely. The second is pretty much impossible especially considering our culture and the purchasing of legislators by the NRA. The end game of that would be that over time the remaining guns from the black market would, over quite a bit of time, eventually decrease. Pair that up with severe penalties (like meth manufacturing) for manufacturing what would then be illegal ones and that's a game plan.

NOW.........that being said, never in my lifetime would that happen. So essentially.....just accept the status quo b/c shit ain't changin'.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
UNTIL THAT GUY IN FLORIDA GOT HIS HANDS ON GUNS, HE DIDNT DO IT EITHER.
But he was nuts, people knew it, people reported him to the FBI several months ago, but the FBI was too busy with hunting witches to check the guy out.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Honestly, it would take a repeal of 2A, which the Congress does constitutionally have the authority to do from a procedural POV. You'd need a Constitutional amendment to make that change, and for that you'd need both 2/3 of Congress and 2/3 of the state governments to sign off on the new amendment. The first is exceedingly unlikely. The second is pretty much impossible especially considering our culture and the purchasing of legislators by the NRA. The end game of that would be that over time the remaining guns from the black market would, over quite a bit of time, eventually decrease. Pair that up with severe penalties (like meth manufacturing) for manufacturing what would then be illegal ones and that's a game plan.

NOW.........that being said, never in my lifetime would that happen. So essentially.....just accept the status quo b/c shit ain't changin'.
First, the NRA has nothing to do with this. You're sounding like Bam Bam now. The NRA never killed anyone, doesn't make guns, and absolutely doesn't promote murder. Plus, if someone could snap their fingers and magically make guns go away. all of them on the entire planet. GONE. Do you think for one second that would stop mass killings? Don't forget, on 9/11 3000 people died without a shot being fired.

Good Times Good Times

First, the NRA has nothing to do with this. You're sounding like Bam Bam now. The NRA never killed anyone, doesn't make guns, and absolutely doesn't promote murder. Plus, if someone could snap their fingers and magically make guns go away. all of them on the entire planet. GONE. Do you think for one second that would stop mass killings? Don't forget, on 9/11 3000 people died without a shot being fired.
I didn't say the NRA killed anyone, or made guns (though a big part of what they do is represent the manufacturer interests), or promoted murder. If I believed that I'd just flat out say it.

But if all guns did disappear, I do think we'd see less school shootings. Again, if a kid comes in with a knife I'm going to take my chances there vs him with a gun. "Make it hard to get guns for mass shootings and these peeps will just copy the Islamic terrorists and use bombs and run people over instead."

I don't buy this. Why aren't we seeing schools get bombed today? Because it's a shitty claim.

As far as people driving into crowds, that's a problem, but I think we counter that by making sure festivals etc are blocked off properly. A whole different discussion as far as crowd safety.

Good Times Good Times

Can't we just agree to disagree on this Greg? I've accepted that nothing I say will sway you.

You're the one WINNING the debate politically! Things are NOT going to change.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Ok i am all for guns, I believe in the 2nd amendment , but we should treat it like a driver's license it needs to get renewed every few years and you should have to take a state or federal test. This way we might have a chance to weed out the nut cases.
And no this does not take away any law abiding citizens rights away. Sorry something has to change.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Stop? No. If I could drastically reduce gun violence I would feel successful.

True, but 9/11 doesn't happen all that often. That was a pretty one-off event.
That's my point. It takes a little more effort to make a bomb than it does to acquire a firearm. Just like driving to the store is less effort than walking. But, if you need those smokes and the car is not running....... no what I'm sayin?

Yes, of course we can agree to disagree. That's the beauty of America! We can state our opinions, and even come up with new ideas and that doesn't mean we are enemies.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
HA! Sorry to laugh at you Sevenpin, but the last test I took for a DL was when I was 15 and got my "learners permit". I'm 43 now, so...

Wait, I take that back. I think Indiana made me take a written test when we moved there. No driving test though. That was... 17 years ago. Texas didn't make me take a test when we got licenses down here.

As for the gun class / test, I'm all for it. I took the CHL class here recently, and truth be told, I was surprised. I honestly thought it would be more difficult.

Don't get me wrong. The officer giving the class was knowledgeable and covered some good material. The written test, I felt, was too easy.