The non-polotical non-bowling thread about anything

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
No politics. No bowling. That's it. I'll start...

My brother is coming in tomorrow for the weekend. Going to smoke some baby backs tomorrow, then there's a local brewery having some live bands Saturday. Christmas dinner at the neighbors Monday. Should be a lot of good food, good beer, and a whole lot of BULLSHIT this weekend!

That's the good. The bad? Replaced garage door opener last weekend (old one quit). Planning to put a whole new door up in the next month or so. So new opener is in for 2 days, then a damn spring breaks! Couldn't wait to be replaced. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

What's going on in your world.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You'd never know it was the first day of winter, here on the west coast of Florida. The high temperature today was in the mid 80s after an overnight low in the upper 60s, and the long-range forecast calls for more of the same. Our next snowfall accumulation isn't expected until the year 2525 "if man is still alive" (or even if he isn't).

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GRILLED THE BEST RIBEYE I HAVE HAD IN AWHILE THIS PAST SUNDAY!!!

FOUND OUT 2 DAYS AGO IM GOING TO BE A GREATGRANDFATHER AGAIN FOR THE FORTH TIME. UGH.
FOUND OUT LAST NIGHT MY 14 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER HAS A BOYFRIEND. DOUBLE UGH.
THINK THE WATER PUMP IS GOING OUT ON MY TRUCK. TRIPLE UGH.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You'd never know it was the first day of winter, here on the west coast of Florida. The high temperature today was in the mid 80s after an overnight low in the upper 60s, and the long-range forecast calls for more of the same. Our next snowfall accumulation isn't expected until the year 2525 "if man is still alive" (or even if he isn't).
Our weather isn't quite that consistent... we had about 3/4" of snow fall overnight a couple weeks ago (gone by 11:00 am). Was the first snow in around 8 years. And get this, I think I read it ranked in top 10 of heaviest snowfalls recorded in Houston. The record is 20", on Valentines day 1895.

Fast Forward to today... it was 78 and sunny. Perfect weather to put the top down on the Jeep (and I did!). :Cool:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
GRILLED THE BEST RIBEYE I HAVE HAD IN AWHILE THIS PAST SUNDAY!!!

FOUND OUT 2 DAYS AGO IM GOING TO BE A GREATGRANDFATHER AGAIN FOR THE FORTH TIME. UGH.
FOUND OUT LAST NIGHT MY 14 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER HAS A BOYFRIEND. DOUBLE UGH.
THINK THE WATER PUMP IS GOING OUT ON MY TRUCK. TRIPLE UGH.
I know the feeling on the mechanical stuff. No kids of my own, so I can't help you there!

Been fighting insurance over our roof for almost 3 months now... neighbor across the street had the same damage. Same ins. company. Same claim date. Same field adjuster we did. She got a different office adjuster though. She already has her check. They're trying to reject our claim stating the date of loss there was not any wind/hail in our area. I guess it only stormed over our neighbors house (if I back out of my drive and jump the curb across the street, I'm in her yard). Another house on the cul de sac (different ins company) already have their roof done.:mad:

So add my garage door problems to that... plus my wife keeps finding little shit here and there that's broke and needs fixed (like the new toilet tank kit I had to put in because it wasn't filling right). Happy f-ing Holidays, huh? :(:Roflmao:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NO THANKS G. MY LAST DIVORCE WAS IN '92. I DONT WANT ANOTHER WIFE. NOW, FOR NEXT WEEKEND...
OR CAN SHE REPLACE MY WATER PUMP? :Whistling::D:p

livespive

Hmmmm I had a barber That had about that many wives, and we were all ribbing each other, and one of the guys said.....

What's the common denominator here? The room busted out laughing :)

But for myself, I am taking my mother back to Lima from her surgery and PT.
I got me some diffusor plates for smoker #1, and some Mangrates for grill #2.
Picked up a Weber Kettle from a lady that my wife knows because she got married and moved.
Hardly used easily $150....$30 With Chimney starter.

Ohio weather is not as bad as it could be.

Catering business might be coming sooner than I thought. I did a few events at my wife's job and they went over like gangbusters.

That's about it here in Pick Town (Cbus) Ohio.

MY SECOND WIFE LIKED TO COMPLAIN. THUS THERE WAS WIFE NUMBER 3... AND 4. CANT SEEM TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Columbus... Scrambler Marie's! Yum! :drool:

Been a while... wife worked there for about 9 months a few years ago.

And you STOLE that grill! Nice find. :Thumbsup:

I need to upgrade my smoker. Have an 18.5 WSM right now. It works, but I've got 4 racks of baby back on it right now, and it's a tight fit!

Not sure if the wife will go for a Lang or a Klose (Klose is in Houston, at least locally has a good following). That'll take some convincing... and some learning for me. That's a big step up from a WSM.

livespive

Yes, I dream of Klose smokers :)
Gotta Hinged grate for the Weber

I would get a cheaper offset to practice on before you make the big leap.
Oklahoma Joes are a decent brand to start with. Under 1000, this time of year, you might find a good deal.

Scrambler Marie's......Not to far from my house :)

Columbus... Scrambler Marie's! Yum! :drool:

Been a while... wife worked there for about 9 months a few years ago.

And you STOLE that grill! Nice find. :Thumbsup:

I need to upgrade my smoker. Have an 18.5 WSM right now. It works, but I've got 4 racks of baby back on it right now, and it's a tight fit!

Not sure if the wife will go for a Lang or a Klose (Klose is in Houston, at least locally has a good following). That'll take some convincing... and some learning for me. That's a big step up from a WSM.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Going on a hike with my Papillion/Sheltie tomorrow morning and sip on Bacardi Black tomorrow night. Heck, I may even bowl a series or two this weekend.

Scolai

Thank the maker for Greg T, who finally posted titties and thighs for my viewing pleasure.

In other news, my wife and I just celebrated our 24th anniversary in Richmond, VA. We saw a lot of neat history and ate some damned good food. Other 'activities' were enjoyed, but those are not for public discussion. :Inlove:;):Thumbsup:

Scolai

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE SCOLAI. WE NEED PICS! :Whistling::p:D
My lovely dinner date:

Our appetizer - Pernod steamed mussels with chorizo, green apple, fennel, and sourdough.

Her entree - butter-basted wild rockfish with parsnip mousse, celeriac, brussels sprouts, preserved lemon, pecans, and black truffle demi.

My entree - cast iron seared jumbo sea scallops with shrimp, celery branch, pearl onions, smoked bacon, Swiss chard, potato-leek potage.

Dessert - S'mores bread pudding.

There ya go.