Thrills.....

Djarum300

Addicted Member
So Trump is coming to my city Friday night to support Luther strange, Alabama Senate candidate to replace Jeff Sessions. This is actually an important race because it could either keep an R in the Senate or Give the D another vote.

Luther Strange is pretty much a lieing coniving SOB. He was in cahoots with Govenor Bentley before Bentley finally resigned over misdeeds.

Roy Moore is an Evangelical but Job.

Most Republicans here turn up their nose at both, so whoever wins the primary runoff could potentially lose to Doug Jones, a moderate D.

At any rate traffic will be a mother when he comea in on Friday.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Most Republicans here turn up their nose at both, so whoever wins the primary runoff could potentially lose to Doug Jones, a moderate D.
Dear Djarum300:

I hate to break it to you, but THERE ARE NO MODERATE DEMOCRATS.

Are you going to tell me that Doug Jones WOULDN'T go along with the other Democrats' UNANIMOUS voting against Trump's agenda, including votes on Obamacare repeal?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

Isn't your Congressman (Mo Brooks) supporting Moore?
Yeah, so? I'm not the biggest fan of Mo either. Mo feels slighted by the big money supporting Strange.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/09/bentleys_notes_show_thinking_b.amp

Strange paused the investigation of Bentley, and was kindly rewarded with a Senate appointment. That's crooked politics in my book.

Republicans here will be holding their nose for their Republican vote, regardless if it's Moore or Strange.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

I hate to break it to you, but THERE ARE NO MODERATE DEMOCRATS.

Are you going to tell me that Doug Jones WOULDN'T go along with the other Democrats' UNANIMOUS voting against Trump's agenda, including votes on Obamacare repeal?
Making a huge assumption that the Trump agenda is the Conservative one.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Making a huge assumption that the Trump agenda is the Conservative one.
Dear Djarum300:

Yes, but wouldn't either GOP opponent be able to label the Democratic candidate as one who is certain to ALWAYS vote along with Charles Schumer and the rest of the liberal Democrats?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Oh I'm sure.
Dear Djarum300:

Then, I assume that the campaign of the GOP primary winner will emphasize that the Democrat opponent will, indeed, adopt a one-dog-pee-all-dog-pee policy and go along with Schumer and the rest of the Dems in opposing Trump's agenda, and that alone should ensure that Alabama will send the GOP candidate to Washington.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Now Democrats are in an uproar here because they can't vote in the Republican runoff.

Republicans this year at the state level passed a law to disallow cross over voting.