Time to Find out......

livespive

How you like your steak, and what do you put ketchup on?

Greg's post got me thinking, I do a lot a cooking for me and other folks, so it's time to see what we all think around here:

How do you order you steak?

Boneless Ribeye:

Bone in Ribeye:

Porterhouse:

T-Bone:

Filet:

New York Strip:

Also what are the top 3 foods that you put ketchup on?

Me:

How do you order you steak?

Boneless Ribeye: Med to Med+

Bone in Ribeye: Med+ to Med Well

Porterhouse: Med Well

T-Bone: Med

Filet: Med

New York Strip: Med

Note, If I am cooking a steak that is nice and fatty, I will go Med well to a light Well (only on bone in Ribeye)

Also what are the top 3 foods that you put ketchup on?

1. Fries
2. Tater Tots
3. Onion Rings

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
99 times out of 100 I'll choose a Filet over anything. It's about flavor and texture. Perfect combo for me is Filet. BUT, no bleeding, mooing meat for me. My Filet will be cooked all the way thru. I don't a tiny (TINY) bit of pinkish tint to the middle, but for the most part lightly seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper, and cooked! Mashed, American fried, or boiled spuds are a must. Side veggie and Caesar salad to round it out.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Pretty much medium for all beef for me. Maybe med+ for burgers - I like those juicy but not pink/bloody. I think it's the firmer texture of med+ I like on burgers.

Ketchup for fries, tots, o-rings, and hashbrowns. Occasionally w/mustard on hot dogs, and occasionally on scrambled eggs.

Scolai

Medium rare. It's the only acceptable way to eat a steak. Ketchup on steak is a blasphemy unless you've turned it into a hockey puck (i.e. med well or more). A1 or any other steak sauce is only acceptable on tips.

I put ketchup on:
French Fries
Hamburgers (the only acceptable beef/ketchup combo)
Hash browns

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MED RARE ON ALL MY MEATS. RIB EYE FAVORITE. PORTEHOUSE #2. NO STEAK SAUSE. NO KETCHUP ON ANYTHING. AND IM NOT A SALT GUY EITHER. WHATEVER IS ALREADY ON IT IS ALL I NEED. AND IM A MUSTARD GUY.

radioactive

I have all my steak well done because the Doctor told me Red Meat was bad for me, so I have my wife cook it till its brown.

Ketchup on fries, and tots and hotdogs.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Medium for me on my steak. Salt and pepper on my steak before i cook it and that's it.
Ketchup on fries, hamburgers and grilled cheese. Oh can not forget Meatloaf.
And NEVEF EVER put ketchup on a hot dog.

Robadat

Medium rare for my steak, please. Rib eye or Porterhouse
Medium for a burger.
Ketchup on burgers, fries and hot dogs.

Seasonings for steaks - salt, pepper, garlic.