Tiny House - Could you do it?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Wife has been watching those Tiny House shows on HGTV recently. There is an allure to them - all the cash one could save by having a small home, and being forced to NOT buy/accumulate a bunch of junk that you don't need. But living in <300 sq. ft.? I don't think I could do that for more than a week or so.

About 1,000 sq. ft. would be my minimum. We like our big kitchen. And our King size bed. Other than that, we could shrink the rest of the house. Assuming I could build a big ass garage for all my tools, bikes, camping/fishing gear, assortment of velcro mittens, oversized work boots...

Wife refuses to consider anything below 1800 sq. ft. :Laugh:

Could you do it?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I couldn't save a nickel. I'd have to rent so fucking many storage buildings it wouldn't pay off.

livespive

Well I sleep in a chair because of my back, so the bed is not a problem.
I like to cook in a big kitchen though so I guess I would have to pull a huge smoker/kitchen with that :)

Other than that I could.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WAIT A MINUTE.....

Am I dying here????

Did AW just start a reply without Dear such and such?????

I don't think I have ever seen such a thing :)
Dear livespive:

Actually, I do it (no "Dear so-and-so) fairly often. Surely, you've noted how many times I begin a reply with "..." followed by my comment(s).

livespive

I don't think I have. I have always seen when you are the OP and those never had them, but I would expect that.
But I have always seen you start with a Dear...... Maybe I am not reading those post :Confused:

Dear livespive:

Actually, I do it (no "Dear so-and-so) fairly often. Surely, you've noted how many times I begin a reply with "..." followed by my comment(s).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't think I have. I have always seen when you are the OP and those never had them, but I would expect that.
But I have always seen you start with a Dear...... Maybe I am not reading those post :Confused:
Dear livespive:

Take a look at my posts/replies in the "Where Is The LSM Now?" thread, and you'll see several examples.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I think he ws angry when he yelled "NO" in answer to my question. Must've hit a trigger... :Biggrin:
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I'm not angry at all. I was just responding to whether or not I'd consider a "tiny house" or not. My wife and I have watched two or three of the "tiny house" episodes on HGTV, and we both agree it wouldn't be at all feasible for us. But to each his own.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DEAR EVERYONE

I DIDNT TELL YOU GUYS YET, I JUST RECENTLY MOVED TO A SMALL TOWN, MINEOLA, FROM DALLAS. DOWN SIZING AND SEMI RETIRING. IT ISNT "TINY" LIVING, BUT MUCH LESS SPACE. NOT SURE I COULD DO 300 SQR FT. MY 2 65" TV'S NEED ROOM TO BREATH! I HAVE WATCHED THAT SHOW TOO. THEY MAKE SOME INCREDIBLE TINY HOMES.