Truth

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Reading through some of the comments, it appears this was a legal hunt on a nature preserve that is going to use the funds for the benefit of the preserve / animals. While I don't particularly agree with trophy hunting (if you want to kill the animal, at least use it for food etc. and not merely for a wall mount), if the preserve identified this animal as one that needed to be culled AND the funds help them protect land/animals in a conservatory manner, then I have a hard time being outraged. A lot of "IF" statements made there, but I have not dug for solid facts just going by other statements made surrounding that thread that suggest this possibility.

Good Times Good Times

Reading through some of the comments, it appears this was a legal hunt on a nature preserve that is going to use the funds for the benefit of the preserve / animals. While I don't particularly agree with trophy hunting (if you want to kill the animal, at least use it for food etc. and not merely for a wall mount), if the preserve identified this animal as one that needed to be culled AND the funds help them protect land/animals in a conservatory manner, then I have a hard time being outraged. A lot of "IF" statements made there, but I have not dug for solid facts just going by other statements made surrounding that thread that suggest this possibility.
Cull the herd of an animal that is almost endangered? Regardless, I'm not going to fight you guys on this one.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Cull the herd of an animal that is almost endangered? Regardless, I'm not going to fight you guys on this one.
Possibly. I don't know all the facts or circumstance. Maybe it was old/sick. Perhaps it posed a danger to the rest of the herd. I dunno. It's also possible someone just wanted the money.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Here's an interesting (and long) read on the subject. I feel the writer is biased against the hunting, but does offer a decently fair overview of positive and negative aspects of paid hunting in Africa.

Although, in regards to the title "Should We Kill Animals to Save Them?" the question remains a topic for discussion. After reading the article, I surmise it is possible; with the caveat being that those running conservations are not corrupt and actually use the funds to manage the land and animals responsibly. Sadly, it appears this is often not the case.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/10/trophy-hunting-killing-saving-animals/

Good Times Good Times

Listen, I'm not at all against hunting.......a lot of friends of mine hunt deer (and I understand the arguments about them being overpopulated) for the food and I have no issue with this.

My argument is simply, if you kill something for the fun of simply killing something or........in this case, kill an elephant, you're a sick fuck. Nothing more, nothing less.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Listen, I'm not at all against hunting.......a lot of friends of mine hunt deer (and I understand the arguments about them being overpopulated) for the food and I have no issue with this.

My argument is simply, if you kill something for the fun of simply killing something or........in this case, kill an elephant, you're a sick fuck. Nothing more, nothing less.
GT GT, mark it down. I agree 100%

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Outside of hunting for food or to keep population sizes down....this is wrong. I'm not buying that the money needed to help other animals at the expense of one argument.