What's the fuss about Facebook/Zuckerburg?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Sorry guys, out of town visiting family so haven't been around much. However, saw on tv this morning some big fuss about "fake" news and such on FB. Sounds to me like a witch hunt... wonder who Zuckerburg angered to be targeted over this when nearly every bit of "news" on the internet is biased, fails to be double or triple fact checked, and contains inaccurate or misleading information (both purposeful and incidental).

I suppose it's because they think he's a traitor? I say this because it appears to be a bunch of angry Hillary supporters trying to blame FB for her loss. Funny, no mention of any right wing "news" sources in the complaint, just FB. Apparently it stems from FB's decision to stop ALL censoring of news after the right complained of left leaning bias?

Is that pretty much it, or am I missing something more meaningful than butt hurt Hillary supporters (basically, all left leaning media) lashing out at everyone/everything like petulant children?

Robadat

I don't want FB or any other social media provider deciding what is "fake" or "real". They should remain neutral. Let the readers do any fact checking if they so desire...

livespive

It wasn't big until the election, but there have always been "fake" stories off to the right side there and down the main page.
Betty White died, etc etc. I think during the election more of the stories became about Trump and Hillary......

I don't know how they get on the site.