What's the most "exotic" or unusual dish you have tried?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
And what was it like?

I had Raccoon once. Brother in law is big into coon hunting, and he made a batch to share. Kinda like bbq beef or pulled pork. Did it in crock pot w/bbq sauce. It tasted... kinda like bbq beef done in a crock pot with bbq sauce - only greasier. A little goes a long way unless you're used to it. But not bad.

How about you? What was the weirdest thing you have stepped up to the plate to try?

Scolai

I'm a pretty boring eater. The most exotic foods I've ever had are alligator, frog legs, and rabbit.

We actually cooked the gator on a pig cooker in the front yard. It was a Sunday, and a lot of people were passing by for church. Needless to say, there were many passers-by who were surprised when the 'pig' we were cooking turned out to be reptilian. We stuffed his body cavity with shrimp and smothered him in cajun seasoning. This was the end result:

MI2AZ

Whale skin (blubber) when I was a kid. Used to chew on dried squid while walking to school. When my grandfather would eat calf brain, I always passed on that.