Who is the Anonymous Senior Trump Admin Official Who Wrote that NYT Op-Ed?

Good Times Good Times

-John Kelly
-Kellyanne Conway
-Don McGahn
-James Mattis
-Dan Coats
-Larry Kudlow
-Mike Pompeo
-Ivanka Trump
-some deputy no one's ever heard of
-write-in

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

"But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

So really, I'm just trying to gauge WHO it is, as opposed to analyzing the opinion itself.....

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
-John Kelly
-Kellyanne Conway
-Don McGahn
-James Mattis
-Dan Coats
-Larry Kudlow
-Mike Pompeo
-Ivanka Trump
-some deputy no one's ever heard of
-write-in

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

"But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

So really, I'm just trying to gauge WHO it is, as opposed to analyzing the opinion itself.....
Dear Good Times Good Times:

That's an easy one: It's A. Source

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear GTGT:

How do you KNOW that the writer is ACTUALLY in the Trump administration? The author has been promised anonymity. How do you know that the writer isn't a New York Times executive or editorial (or staff) writer?"

Good Times Good Times

Dear GTGT:

How do you KNOW that the writer is ACTUALLY in the Trump administration? The author has been promised anonymity. How do you know that the writer isn't a New York Times executive or editorial (or staff) writer?"
Prove a negative? You're better than this.....

Since it's anonymous and Trump says it's fake then we have all the info we need. It couldn't possibly be true though, right? I mean.....zero chance, he hires only the best.

BUT there was this:

Which is funny as it is, because assuming it is someone in the admin (which is fair)......it still isn't the definition of treason.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear GTGT:

In this case, you can't prove a positive, either. But if someone in the Trump organization actually feels that way, why hasn't he/she resigned already? More than likely, if it really is a current government official or Trump staffer, he/she is a carryover from the Obama administration.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
In a conversation:

Democrats always define the country as a Democracy.
Republicans define it as a Republic.

Which is correct?

The Pledge of Allegiance defines this Country as a Republic.

That is all.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Dear GTGT:

In this case, you can't prove a positive, either. But if someone in the Trump organization actually feels that way, why hasn't he/she resigned already? More than likely, if it really is a current government official or Trump staffer, he/she is a carryover from the Obama administration.
True.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
In a conversation:

Democrats always define the country as a Democracy.
Republicans define it as a Republic.

Which is correct?

The Pledge of Allegiance defines this Country as a Republic.

That is all.
We are a democratic republic to be accurate.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Obviously, I don't know who wrote the op-ed, but I'm pretty keen when it comes to predictions and analyzing things, and I'm going to put forward the name of the possible writer that no one has mentioned (or even considered) to my knowledge … and that person is ...

JEROME POWELL, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank