'Would you all please stand or kneel in protest for the National Anthem?'

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Must sports public address announcers now say: "Ladies and gentlemen, will you all please stand OR KNEEL IN PROTEST for the playing of our National Anthem"?

I've done sports PA announcing in many venues: Vanderbilt University varsity baseball and freshman basketball, the 1963 Tennessee state high school basketball tournament, Sarasota Kennel Club greyhound racing, men's softball leagues, and Little League district and regional tournaments, and I always said something such as the above (MINUS THE "KNEEL IN PROTEST" PART) prior to all of those competitions. What are things coming to?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
... but the way things are going, PA announcers eventually may have to say that.
Well, I've cut myself back to high school athletics because I'm no longer able to navigate the huge venues. And I will tell you this. If I EVER hear this coming out of a high school announcers mouth you'll find me in the booth having a little "chat" with the dude.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I wonder how many of these people would kneel if they actually knew that kneeling before a flag or person is a show of submission. Just as one would bow or kneel to a king, queen, or a god, they are kneeling to our flag. This is the tactic I think Trump should use.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I wonder how many of these people would kneel if they actually knew that kneeling before a flag or person is a show of submission.
Dear Greg T:

You are absolutely correct. The definition of "KNEEL" is ...

VERB ... Be in or assume a position in which the body is supported by a knee or the knees, as when praying or showing submission